Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
723 Posts

· Registered
723 Posts
They couldn't show up to San Diego empty handed with it being the 50th and all for Trek.
I think this was hey, this is our ship design we have zeroed in on, and intro'ing the name of the show when the lights turn on to reveal it on the saucer.

So I expect the design will be refined but I do not expect big changes.
I worry more about story content and those things, I am just grateful it is all in the Prime-verse.
So even if you hate the McQuarrie ship, there will be others on the show I'm sure. We always get lots of new ships.

· Registered
723 Posts
On the other hand, I'm not a fan of the USS Frank Lin look of the depressed area on the top of the primary hull.

My guess is the saucer section may separate different from what we are used to, more of a donut lifeboat sort of shape leaving the central section and bridge attached to the engineering section.

At first I saw that design feature and got worried it was going to be JJ Trek verse and thankfully they mercifully tweeted quickly otherwise.

My hope is they let the usual series suspects that have worked on the shows forever...tweak the ship and refine it into fitting better into the prime-verse ship legacy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.