Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Curmudgeon
6,527 Posts
Nexus25 reminding us that the McQuarrieprise appeared in STIII....
Board Message...
"You do not have permission to view this topic."

As for the U.S.S. Discovery, I never thought I'd live to see the day when the NCC-1701-D was the second ugliest Starfleet ship in the Star Trek universe. It's not just ugly, it's Sofa King ugly.

· Curmudgeon
6,527 Posts
Good grief! Tough crowd! If they think Voyager sucks...I guess that says it all....

Doug
I'll do you one better--I don't really care for ANY of the ships from the Next Generation era except for the Klingon ships. But then, I don't think much of The Next Generation, and hated what little I saw of Deep Space Nine and Voyager, so... :D

· Curmudgeon
6,527 Posts
...Now, Enterprise I did really like for the most part. And Enterprise had the coolest title sequence of all since TOS!
Yeah, but the worst theme song. The song itself isn't horrible--it would suit one of the "nighttime soap opera" type shows they broadcast on the networks just fine. But it's completely wrong for a Star Trek series.

Started re-watching TOS on Netflix with the new effects...
I started re-watching them three or four nights ago; finished off with "The Menagerie" last night, and I'll probably watch "The Conscience of the King" shortly and continue from there.

It's pretty clear the concept of "binge watching" never entered anyone's mind while these shows were being produced, because little details on the costumes, props, and sets were constantly being tweaked. I can't imagine anyone involved with the show thought we fans would one day be able to watch them back-to-back whenever we wanted, so they probably thought no one would ever notice. But I have to give the crew that did the remastering some credit, because while watching "Where No Man Has Gone Before" I noticed the Enterprise had the larger Navigational Deflector Array and taller B/C Deck structures just as the physical model did when they filmed the episode; they could just as easily have used the CG model they already had (i.e. the "series" version) and said it would be more consistent to do so. Regardless, even though I've seen these episodes a number of times over the last 50 years they're still as entertaining as the ever were.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.