Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

yes this is a Hot Wheels tooling that was used by Zylmex. From what i have been told this could be a hard to find car with the early wheels. found it in a dump bin at Good Will I guess they missed one that should have been on the Auction site.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Nice Silouette's Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If they used Hot Wheels tooling, wouldn't it be an exact replica? It looks to me like it was made in the likeness of the same show car but not made by the same cast.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If they used Hot Wheels tooling, wouldn't it be an exact replica? It looks to me like it was made in the likeness of the same show car but not made by the same cast.
they re-worked the tooling to have the front trim that wasn't seen on the HW org tooling and raised the lip around the glass to be a bit different but look to be the same tools.

From info and photos i have seen on Zylmex they have uses other old tools from other die cast companies like PlayArt, Matchbox, and yat ming. Bubble came out around 1973/74 in both the normal looking one and one with over sized wheels.

sadly not too much info is out there for this car so i could be wrong and it is a 100% in house tool not a Hot wheels one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts