Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I just happen to be listening to some Def Leppard, so, for some reason, my first inclination would be to suggest behind a drumset........but then I remembered your admonition to be nice!!!

Wayne

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Steve,

He's a cute little rotter! What scale is he, or at least, how tall? Yeah, the cemetary setting has been done to death (somebody stop me!), but how about a morgue? Maybe have the autopsy table he's just slid off of behind him...

Mark McG.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Well, since the best zombie movie was set in a shopping mall...........

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He is about 7 1/4 inches tall. The autopsy table sounds good. I will try and make one.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I can't decide on a setting for him, but I have a caption:.." I'll have a LARGE tube of Desenex please? "

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Its so gross! I'll take three please!!.....Him and Nosferatu in a 'duo' Dio...hmmmmm...could be interesting!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
fluke said:
Its so gross! I'll take three please!!.....Him and Nosferatu in a 'duo' Dio...hmmmmm...could be interesting!

:thumbsup:
Thank you!That is a great compliment! I only wish he was good enough to be put beside the Nosferatu! Any way I have no clue how to cast him. I am doing him to enter at Wonderfest. That is if I can pull off a good paint job and a good setting for him.

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Good deal! Would be cool to see more original sculpts by others as well. I kinda like the Def Leopard idea!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
constructive criticism: ive sculpted a lot of zombies in my career for the halloween industry. because of their decomposing nature, you often have to exaggerate the forms on zombies... "telegraph your blows" as it were. smaller shapes (like the ridges on the skull) have to be emphasized, even through the rotting flesh, otherwise your zombie becomes a shapeless blob. your zombie isnt exactly shapeless, but its edging onto it. google for photos of concentration camp victims and/or starving people/anorexics/ etc. (yeah i know its tasteless, but its part of the job) and use them as a guide. you might want to check your overall proportions too, the neck seems very long.

youve got a really good start, he's got personality, but i think he just needs a little refinement.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the criticism. I know the neck is too long but I liked the way it looked so I kept it. I have always hated the way that movie Zombies have the thick eye ridges and stuff. I know they do it because it is a mask over someones face. I just tried to make him like he is an old man that has rotted away some. I also made his arm a bit long as well. I just liked the way it looked. Hey it may look like crap when I paint him so I may just end up making another one.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Ya know...his neck wouldn't look so long if you tied a hangman's noose around it. And a scaffold or tree would be easier to make than the autopsy table.

Mark McGadzooks! What am I doing, handing these great ideas out for free?!?

·
Starship Class
11,880 Posts
Yeah, I think I'd chop off part of his neck and glue the head down lower.

The face is cool, though and I like the skeletal detail there and on other parts of the body.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Steven, if you're still trying to decide on a setting, might I suggest a gun store. That way he could arm himself....HA!!!

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Chris, are you using those solvent paints again ??? :tongue:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts