Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
????

You need to make a fixture to hold the can indexing on the magnets and use narrow zapper poles.

And yes Virginna, it is illigal in most places and should be in all, hard to catch this ones it done, but not impossible, just need a gig to mount the flux meter in.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
98Ron said:
You need to make a fixture to hold the can indexing on the magnets and use narrow zapper poles.

And yes Virginna, it is illigal in most places and should be in all, hard to catch this ones it done, but not impossible, just need a gig to mount the flux meter in.
I don't know anything about needing narrow zapper poles.

I was told to take out of the back of the magnet.
Then, zap the hole magnet head on to correct the magnetic flux.

I don't run spec class but I do zap my motor magnets to bring them
back to new after a nice cut on the com. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
98Ron said:

Its really very easy to tech. If you look in the vent holes on the side of a can you can see the arm in there. Look for the drill balance slot to stop (every other stop) in the center of those holes. If they dont the magnets have been advanced. Big Jim and JB (Arcor) came up with this method and it works easy.

EA

·
Registered
743 Posts
battery zapper

hey guys!! my Question is can you used a battery zapper on the 4200s? like the( XIPP 3300) and would that help or hurt the batterys and why? I have heard some guys talking about useing them. any info would be appreciated thank you. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Advancing the magetic timing is cheating, plain and simple. No grey area. When a class has a set timing, like Stock at 24 degrees, 19T at 36 degrees or Spec at 12 degrees, changing the degrees is cheating, no matter how it's done. In ARCOR, this is known as the "Big Jim Rule", in honor to one of the best motor man to ever live. May God Bless Him. :)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Its really very easy to tech. If you look in the vent holes on the side of a can you can see the arm in there. Look for the drill balance slot to stop (every other stop) in the center of those holes. If they dont the magnets have been advanced. Big Jim and JB (Arcor) came up with this method and it works easy.

EA
this method is very reliable and really does work :thumbsup:

·
HobbyTalk Pro
2,787 Posts
What about cryo-treating ?
Cryogenics can work wonders for magnets. The increased molecular alignment can really enhance / maximize the magnets strength and also make the entire magnet more uniform - no portion weaker or stonger than another.

It is a lengthy process, and you need to work with a cryogenist that has knowledge of magnets. Then you need a really strong magnetizer to remagnetize the magnet once you get it back from, not the small units you see at the tracks - as these are not nearly strong enough.

It is a bit of leg work, but does yield results.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I do it all the time with great results. Its not that complicated. Trust me. there are a few tricks you need to know though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
holy hot tub time machine!

the year is 2010

we run lipo and brushless

step away from the parachute pants and the twister lathe!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I Was Waiting For That Post.. I Knew It Was Coming Sooner Or Later. I Didn't Know If It Would Be You Kat But I Knew Someone Was Gona Say It

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
of course it would be me! i was hoping they were talking about a bug zapper..getting close to skeeter season in florida

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm runnin BRP's w/1500 ni mahs & assoc 370 motor. Class rules. Bud likes to keep the costs down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts