Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
model build off

1. if there was a anti-grav genarater that could lift 500 ton.
into orbit. and was low in cost that any one could build their
own space craft.

2. build a model or do a drawing of what your ship would look like.

base rules; model must be home made, no store models.
wood and plastic ok.

anti-grav specs.
2ftx2ftx 6ft long * [to help with scaleing]
wt. 200lbs.
unit must be mounted on the top of the hull.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,283 Posts
Y'all have fun, I'm in the middle of a bunch of things I want to build.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
idea i have for a model.
it flys like a plane, has wings.
can carry one of the moving 'PODS'
but it can also fly in space

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
am working on a drawing first. once i like how it looks i will post it.

sometimes it takes time to get a design to come out just right.
that will look right if modeled.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I think...I THINK ,he means one of those rent-a-pods that's dropped on your property. What I'm not sure about is why you would want an Earth bound storage unit to go into space. :confused:

500 tons is one BIG payload to lift into sapce! Sure, build a gigantic super booster first.

Where is von Braun when you need him....

hal9001-

·
Banned
718 Posts
Well, I get what's being done here... and I fully understand why most folks here aren't interested... it does sound like an ASSIGNMENT, and this is, after all, a pure hobby.

That said... a few points:

500 tons isn't THAT large. For instance, this vehicle weighs in at that amount:
http://www.ditzj.de/assets/images/kranen/arduino/ac500arduino02.jpg

Now... I also get the idea. The OP has this idea for a ship, but doesn't trust his own concept, and wants to get us to help him figure out the solution to his personally-posed challenge to himself.

Me, I'd rather he posted his concepts, and let us critique them. I'm not at all inclined towards coming up with ideas he can use (at no benefit to myself), because there's no fun in that for me. But I'd really enjoy providing constructive critiques to his ideas... which is, in the end, I think what he's looking for.

Oh, yeah, and "PODS" are actually personal storage/moving items... see here:

http://www.pods.com/

So, as I think a few of you guys were suggesting, above, we're basically talking about an anti-grav powered Space 1999 Eagle... or, for that matter, a "cargo outfitting" for a DS9 runabout. Or the dropships from "Starship Troopers." Or... well, the list goes on.

·
Starship Class
11,947 Posts
Me, I'd rather he posted his concepts, and let us critique them. I'm not at all inclined towards coming up with ideas he can use (at no benefit to myself), because there's no fun in that for me. But I'd really enjoy providing constructive critiques to his ideas... which is, in the end, I think what he's looking for.
Yeah, I agree with you!

Bring on the concepts and we'll have at 'em!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
I think he was trying to start a contest with different members designing and building a ship to conform to the specs in the first post.

Only problem I see is that everyone already does not have enough time for their own projects and an extra assignment without any real motivation aside from some members curiosity really is not that appealing.

I would like to see what he might come up with, but I do not have time to spare for something like this...

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
I think...I THINK ,he means one of those rent-a-pods that's dropped on your property. What I'm not sure about is why you would want an Earth bound storage unit to go into space. :confused:

500 tons is one BIG payload to lift into sapce! Sure, build a gigantic super booster first.

Where is von Braun when you need him....

hal9001-
*pssst*

Orion.

But you knew that. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts