Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all 40 castings from the mustang classics series. Do you think there is much interest in these if I were to sell them?

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
It is a great series. I think alot would depend on you asking price but there are a ton of Mustang lovers on this board. If monetary compensation is your primary interest your best bet would be to shop it on the bay but then you have to deal with the fees. Good luck regardless of your decision.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i was going to sell it for two reasons.
1) makes money to buy more WL's
2) make more room for WL's

but it took me a year to find them all. Also I have 16 mustang classics WL's, but I am considering quiting collecting them to try to consentrate on muscle cars III. I have 37/60 of them. (WL's)

I'm not sure what i will do, but if i sold all of the mustang classics stuff I'm sure it would help me come alot closer to completing the muscle cars III set. They are getting expensive on the bay, and so are mustang classics WL's.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
The Mustang Classics and the Muscle Cars U.S.A III are 2 of my favorite series. I't's hard to choose which one you would like to collect. Series 4 in the Muscle Cars U.S.A. is my favorite of the Muscle Cars series.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Listen to the teacher, (like you never heard that befor) that is the only advice someone can truly give. If you sell them, someone will buy them, almost at any price you ask on the Bay.

But you have to decide what is more important, the current Stangs, or the desired White's. Both are a solid choice.

I too understand the choice is tough, I have always had to sell toy cars to buy more toy cars throughout the years. But with very few exceptions, I have always been pleased with my choice. And after 25 years of adult collecting, that's a pretty good track record!

Good luck. And if you decide to sell, make sure you post the link and info on the HT auction board. Lots of Mustang guys would like to check that one out!

·
Registered
704 Posts
It depends:
- How old are you? If this is your first true diecast collection and you opened, played with, and fell in love with them - don't sell! You'd be giving up a part of your life and miss them.
- If you bought and never opened them - it's eBay time, they're just another 'thing'. You will also find that collecting diecast is not a good investment... :(

Hey, you asked for an opinion :)

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
you already have them and you`ve at least valued them at one time so you might as well just keep them.Just slow down on what you collect in the future if you want to concentrate more on something else. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts