Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone order from Bad L's Hobby?
I usually order from Jag,Buds,harrison from model motoring or Lucky Bobs and i dont hear anything about Bad L.
Any other good sites to order from?

·
Registered
201 Posts
It depends on what I need, I've positive experience with Jag, Bud's, Lucky Bob's, Dave's HO Raceway, HoSlotcars.com, hope listing these places isn't a TOS violation :freak:

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Does anyone order from Bad L's Hobby?
I usually order from Jag,Buds,harrison from model motoring or Lucky Bobs and i dont hear anything about Bad L.
Any other good sites to order from?
I've ordered from Bob a number of times over the years. Never a problem. He usually attends the Aberdeen show if you get a chance to go there.

Can't go wrong with the others you listed either.

Joe

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Hobby Talk .com is my best source for anything HO. Just post a "Wanted" thread and watch the offers come in.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I've worked with Bob at BadL's for many years at the Midwest Slot car show. Always good to deal with and very nice. A quality person.

Tom

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just walk around the room looking into everybody else's boxes and take what I need.
Actually, I go thru another racing buddie and buy where-ever he buy's.
It would be nice to know where, and what to get items from. I will watch for the list to grow and check all of them out.
Rich

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
I use the one two three method

It's always been a no brainer for me

My first choice is to always support my friends, acquaintences, and active members right here at home who not only provide a service; but also take the extra time to add quality content to HT.

Then I support vendors who have gone the extra mile and become Lifetime members, provide forum sponsorship or both.

Finally, if pressed, I'll shop other vendors or Paybay; paying close attention to avoid greedy mark ups or those offering apparent discounts and then gouging the shipping and handling.

·
Registered
442 Posts
That warning doesn't mean the site has a virus necessarily, it's usually just how the site's cookie is configured. Norton 360 will warn you about all kinds of commonplace sites

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey Travis, you might try a different browser. Maybe Google Chrome or Firefox? I've never had a problem with my Norton on Firefox at Bob's site.

Tom

·
Registered
237 Posts
Shows

I have purchased several items from Bad L at several different shows. I have not ordered online from him. He always seems to have good prices at the shows. I have never had a problem with anything I bought from him.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I use Trend-Micro as an anti-virus, it is very good. If it say's there is a problem with the site, there is a problem with the site. Now, the owner of the site may not even know there is a problem. They should have their web provider check and see what the problem is. There are two different anti-virus programs here that have said there is a problem with the site, so there must be. Maybe it is only the way the cookies are configured.....if that's all it is, the web host should be able to fix it. The site owner should think of the possible sales he is losing because people back out when they get the warning. I get the same warning with Chrome, Firefox and IE.

:dude:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts