Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I DID THIS IN THE M2 SECTION, WORKED PRETTY WELL..PRETTY SIMPLE, POST A PIC OF YOUR FAVE PIECE, AND MAYBE ALONG WITH THE REG TO SHOW OFF THE DIFFERENCE..I KNOW SOME OF YOU HAVE WHAT CAN ONLY BE CALLED AWESOME GREENIE COLLECTIONS..TIME TO SHOW OF..BELOW IS MINE..IT IS SPECIAL OR IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT WAS MY FIRST, YOU NEVER FORGET YOUR FIRST..

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
S/C Series 2 Custom 442. When I first started collecting GMs thought this one looked very cool (still do). Pictured I have the Regular Green Machine on right. Error Custom Green Machine on left and loose one is a Pre Pro Green Machine. Don't have a picture of the reg version...

The error is my favorite for rarity of an error like this happening to an early release GM. Traded a Blue Chase Convoy for it a year or two ago. Did not even know it was an error until I looked at it closely a few days after it arrived.

Mason

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Mason stole my thunder!:p

I was fortunate enough to find 2 of those custom 442s at retail early on and then it took me(us) years to track down the stock version, which is also one of my faves.

For me it's really tough because I love Mopars and GL has made so many iconic pieces with a pentastar emblem but this on most closely resembles my 1:1 I used to own. It was metallic forest green, 440, auto, black rockers, etc.

Being a Wl collector as well, this one was a must own for me as well and it was another one that took a long time to track down.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Since someone else strayed away from picking one I will too. I was having a very hard time choosing one anyway and my brain was hurting lol
The first 2 are obvious and the third is because I live in Alabama AND have a friend that has two Javelin HP cars. Soooooo. here are my 3

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
It's hard to limit it to just one piece....I guess I'd have a preference for the Boss 429....just the thought of that neck snappin' ride while holding one in your hands is almost a religious experience ;)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Favorite greenie:

I don't think GL has done a better paint scheme for a chase piece than this Green Machine.

Favorite GL rarity:

Rear brake vents on a 302 - ooops. Since there are at least two others, is this a variant or an error? And I dig that it is a #10 - my birthday and lucky number.

Jon :wave:

PS: You win, Mason ;)

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
I would have to say the olds 442 as well and also the 1/24 camaro but mine has the black top

A little more meaning for me as they were my friend Jim's favorites as well. He passed away and I bought those 2 while helping sell his collection.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Milezone "The Flames"

I actively collect the Greenlight 1968 - 1969 Chevrolet Chevelles.
The Green Machine illustrated below is one of twelve or thirteen depending on sources of information.

I am proud to have it in my collection.

Some other GL Chevelles in my collection:

I have more.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
570 Posts
theres alot of favorites GL does-firebirds,camaros and cuda and those mustangs too.
this my most recent.having followed what these were selling for,i never thought i'd have one for my GM collection.raven black Boss 429.plus 2 other favorite mustang GMs

1 - 20 of 37 Posts