Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, hopefully a bit different than posting random chases, look thru your collection, find that one that just makes you smile every single time you see it, one that you are especially happy to have in your collection, then tell us why..and of course show it off..
So, for rarity it's easily the Thank You car from Sean..but for me, what i like, what makes me grin may be a bit surprising..The Wild Goose from the first Auto Trucks set...why i like it, well...first, it's aesthetically perfect to me, the gold trim against the jet black..second, because it is still the only tractor issued as a seperate chase, i'd love to see a gold tractor(HINT HINT)..And my third reason..my woman found it for me while we were..umm..ARGUING...and gave it to me as a peace offering, stupid m2 made me cry..so every time i see it, i grin, and remember my woman cares...ok, finallllly, here is my pick for my fave chase..
The rare first..

My fave..

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Great story Craig!:thumbsup: Great looking chase truck as well! And that Thank You car is CHOICE!!
My favorite is the Detroit Muscle R14 '70 Chevelle Chase. It is my fave because it is the first M2 Chase that I have found, TRU in Flint at 11:00am, and it also appears to be an error piece as well. It has chrome rims instead of gold. I hadn't noticed this until recently.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Mine is the R1 Road Runner (sorry I don't have a pic) also because it was my first, but moreso because of the Kelsey Hayes wheels that I had never seen before on a 1:64. I was hooked on M2 from that day forward!

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is the R1 Road Runner (sorry I don't have a pic) also because it was my first, but moreso because of the Kelsey Hayes wheels that I had never seen before on a 1:64. I was hooked on M2 from that day forward!
I agree that is one sweet car.

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
Fav. I have is

My fav. out of all the chases from M2 is the 69 Camaro from R18 though, but I don't have that one yet.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I am really into Oldsmobiles as I own two 1:1's.

I am also really into limited and or rare pieces. Have quite a few test shots and pre-pro's from other manufactures. Didn't have anything really special from M2,just regular wild goose pieces. Until this!

When I saw this piece for the first time,I thought I really need this! Then I found out the production numbers and thought,I'll never be able to score that. One day a member here had it listed on the swap and sell section at what I thought was affordable for me so I jumped on it.

Today it is the center piece of my M2 Machines collection.

I just wish I could figure out who this Eli that signed this piece is.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Magnificent rarity, Craig. That 'Thank You' Fairlane is insurmountable. :thumbsup:

My favorite chase is the only one (so far :)) that I've found in a sealed box from an OLD. It's the Fairlane (my favorite M2 casting :hat:) from A-T 11.
Thanks to Russ and the rest of the gang at Diecast Alley.

pic courtesy M2Machines.com:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Mine is this 1 of 75 celebrating the opening of the new office building. Red with gold wheels and trim, never available to the public

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
I really like all of my Wild Goose chase M2s. I collect only the 1950's Wild Gooses (only need the '57 Bel Air from Auto-Thentics release 8). To single out a special chase M2 would be this one that I received as a RAOK from Jeremy at Collectibles Corner. He threw it in an order I placed and I was stumped at first. My excitement grew when I discovered what it really was and how limited it is! :eek:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I would say mine is funny to me and makes me smile everytime I see it because I had Sean sign the roof of a 1969 GTO Prototype GP at the last Super Convention. After I asked him to sign it, I made the comment to not make a mistake with your signature as we do not have anything to remove the ink in front of us to have you start over. So before he began to sign it he had to breath and get his hand to stop shaking before laying on the ink.... :lol:

Funny to see Sean get nervous with his autograph...:lol:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Man, I've been struggling with this one. Can't decide which one to make my ultimate pick.

I would have also selected the black and gold 57 Fairlane, but since it's been picked, there is als a 57 Ford with a beautiful blue and silver paint treatment, butfor some strange reason the 57 Ford casting, in almost every case, shows a particularly large - to the point of being just plain bad - gap to the front of the driver's front door, so I can't call it my favorite casting even though it is my favorite car.

So I think I'm going to have to go with this one: A beautiful car, a beautiful casting, and one of my first - in fact, I think it was my very first ever - M2. At the time I also thought it was my first chase but have been told, since then, that it is actually not a chase - but I think it should be.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I just wish I could figure out who this Eli that signed this piece is.

Do you really want to know who the signature is ????

How bad do you really want to know ????

Okay enough teasing
Your signature is .
Chris Leong of M2 Castline

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
My favorite "rare" one is definitely my Road Runner Chromie.

As far as my favorite black and gold chase, I'd say it's a tossup between these two.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Do you really want to know who the signature is ????

How bad do you really want to know ????

Okay enough teasing
Your signature is .
Chris Leong of M2 Castline
Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts