Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Out of my Johhny Lightning collection my favorite would have to be the Sixteen Customs 66'Stepside. The thing is just....Balls To The Wall. Black, On Black, On Black. Flat black paint, Flat Black Mag wheels, Black Interior. Its just so cool looking. So, I come to this. Tell me, What is your fav JL?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
83 H/O... The car that alerted me to to JL, and diecast in general. If they didn't release that car, i doubt i would have the collection i have now

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, That was REALLY fast.

So, the 83 H/O. Thats a really nice car. I saw the casting, I dont blame you. That really is a nice casting.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
It's too hard to really decide. I've always been partial to the early HOW cars, and the Frightning Lightnings, just because they are so different. But one car that is in a case above my desk, that I just can't stop looking at, is the red Torino convertible with the white stripe. There's just something about that car that really appeals to me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They made a S&H convertable!? Wow, Talk about going in a new direction. But, Whatever melts your butter.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Blingy said:
They made a S&H convertable!? Wow, Talk about going in a new direction. But, Whatever melts your butter.
No, not that red Torino with the white stripe! :rolleyes: The 1968 Torino from the Classic Gold set. I believe the first time they used the casting was for the Pace Car series.

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Blingy said:
I think he means the 68 Torino convertable from Classic Gold 2 Release 27
Here's a link to a pic of it at Wyatt's site http://www.jlcollector.com/479.html :wave:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Narrowing it down to one is just impossible for me. I love all the Military vehicles. Trucks of all kinds rank up there. Then there are GTO's and Shelby Cobra's. i am sure there are more but those are always the tops

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Daytona Cobras are my favorite casting but the 67 #17 Holmon-Moody Fairlane is my favorite car. Detail is perfect in every way.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Blingy said:
Wow, That was REALLY fast.
Eh, was bored at work.

Blingy said:
So, the 83 H/O. Thats a really nice car. I saw the casting, I dont blame you. That really is a nice casting.
Well, at the time, I had an 86 Cutlass Supreme that i planned on dropping a 455 into... Hurricane Isabel took that out viatree limb, and I purchased an 87 Cutlass Salon and planned on dropping same said 455 into it... $$$ fell through though, so I had to settle for the JL version instead

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Atencio said:
.......... the 67 #17 Holmon-Moody Fairlane is my favorite car. Detail is perfect in every way.
This would be my second favorite with the H-M/David Pearson # 17 1969 Talladega as my first choice. :thumbsup:

Thanks to JLCOLLECTOR.com for the pics

·
Registered
90 Posts
My favorites, are the entire WILLYS GASSER line. The details of each car is awesome. The trading cards were far out man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chuck

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
This is one of the very 1st cars that drew my attention to JL.

Then the Fireball 500.
And my most favorite casting as of this minute. ( It changes alot).

I really like this red Vanquish.
Richard

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
So many JLs are amazing that it's very hard to pick just one, but I'll try. For some reason, this casting seems to be my current favorite - even though it's not really one of my favorite cars, something about this diecast just gets everything right in my view:

and my first runner up is:

and this has been one of my favorites for years; the color combo is just right:

Photos are borrowed from jlcollector.com
Thanks to Wyatt for the fine pix!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts