Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....castings in the MM stable that could easily be retro fit into the FC line, 1:60th. You put a metal chassis on that Impala, Caprice and T-Bird and we have three more castings that fall into the collector world. I applaud the T-Bird casting because who else would ever do that vintage? Same with that Caprice.

Man, you got to give a little love to a company who is way, WAY outside the box.:thumbsup:

If they never do a '57 Chevy, '65 Mustang and '68 Camaro, I can't thank them enough. Lord knows the million others out there more than have that covered.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dear All:

Their predecessors,Zylmex,were not so high in quality,but had models such a Vauxhall 1914,Opel Commodore Coupe,Plymouth Fury 1975-1976,Chevrolet Monza and Vega,Ford Pinto and even a Subaru Brat,but the latter was a 1/32 scale model.Motormax,from the beggining,would offer interesting models,such as the Ford Ranger and Toyota Tacoma pick ups,Ford F-150 4-door pick up,Volkswagen Nardo W12,Sallem Supercar and Pagani Zonda C12,the single - up to 2006 - model of the Toyota Camri,Lincoln Navigator (before everybody else made a replica of one;theirs was the first) and the new generation Corolla.Hence,no wonder we are seeing these newer,unique,and magnificent vehicles.That does not mean that they did models anyone else does;they did,subjects such as the PT Cruiser,New Mini and some others.

A bit off the subject,Zylmex also did unique semi tractor models (in 1/87 scale) such as the Mack Cruiseliner (c.1976) and an International Cabover Rig.Would wish Motormax also mold some semi tractors themselves,perhaps a Sterling.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
.....castings in the MM stable that could easily be retro fit into the FC line, 1:60th. You put a metal chassis on that Impala, Caprice and T-Bird and we have three more castings that fall into the collector world. I applaud the T-Bird casting because who else would ever do that vintage? Same with that Caprice.

Man, you got to give a little love to a company who is way, WAY outside the box.:thumbsup:

If they never do a '57 Chevy, '65 Mustang and '68 Camaro, I can't thank them enough. Lord knows the million others out there more than have that covered.
I would LOVE to see them do the Impala, Caprice, and T-Bird in 1/24! :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts