Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing goes right, paint won't dry, fill in holes you thought were sink marks, miss drilling big obvious holes.

Just your basic "snake bitten build"

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
YES! I posted about a build like that I had recently. I finished it and it looks halfway decent, but I bought another kit just so I could do it again...hopefully with far less pain this time.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
You've described just about ALL my builds Steve!!:p

Chris.:)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had one when I was a kid, I got a 1/25 scale 1950 Ford coupe as a gift the body was so warped that I could not do anything with it. I neatly put all of the parts back in the box, set the box in the middle of the floor and jumped up and down on it several times. :mad:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I mixed some car body repair filler a few days ago, slapped it on the underside of my Seaview's front end, came back a couple of days later and it was still soft... looks like I didn't put enough hardener in it :-(
Just scraped it all off again a while ago with a knife, came right off with no effort at all!

It's just been one of those weeks...

·
High Priest of the NCC-1701-E
5,155 Posts
Not a model exactly but while working on my Martian diorama yesterday I found out the box of Marblex clay I'd bought some 6 months or so ago to make a mountain range in the distance had dried out while still in the package. I'd never used the stuff before so didn't realize it has a limited shelf life. Anyway, I almost threw it out but then realized I could still chip chunks off the block and use them for boulders in my Marscape. It might even work better this way. Lemons into lemonade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts