Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't build too many non-combat planes but one that caught my eye is the little known Bv 55 and decided to model it. The Bv 55 was the replacement for the Bf 108 that was being used for military liaison duties, with a longer range and better ground handling the Bv 55 was a good choice since a number of Bf 108s were being lost due to ground loops caused by the narrow track landing gear.

On to the pics...

This what-if model is 1/48 scale and built from the Minicraft kit, this kit had many problems with it and one to avoid...yes it was that bad!

Agentsmith

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Nice job, and nice photos!
But it looks to be a Beechcraft Bonanza with a few antenna and a 4 blade prop added.

The luftwaffe did use some Bonanza derivatives as trainers in the U.S. but I'm not aware of them being used in Germany. Do you have any other info?

·
Oxidation Genius
31,283 Posts
I see ya tryin' to slip that YF-32 in the background there!

So was this real, or did you just dress up a Bonanza?

·
Oxidation Genius
31,283 Posts
Say, nobody's brought it up yet, but, does anybody think it looks like a Bonanza? :freak:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No there was no Bv 55 built nor even planned. The design however does remind me of something Blohm & Voss would make.

The model was built from the 1/48 scale Minicraft Bonanza kit, this kit was just awful!

Agentsmith

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
No there was no Bv 55 built nor even planned. The design however does remind me of something Blohm & Voss would make.

The model was built from the 1/48 scale Minicraft Bonanza kit, this kit was just awful!

Agentsmith
You mean this was a hoax plane, kind of like a 'Loch Ness Monster exclusive new photos' thread?!:cry:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes this is the Loch Ness Monster of airplanes.:tongue:

I like to build a mix of real world late war Luftwaffe models and Luft'46 types, in my collection its hard to tell where the real world stops and Luft'46 begins.

Agentsmith

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
It sure does look like something Germany would have designed and built - nice presentation out of a diamond-in-the-rough kit! Steve

1 - 20 of 22 Posts