Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy I love that line!,:)
Good news Serenity is finally finished and I have posted a new (somewhat shakey) video of her in all her glory on my site:thumbsup:
so please take a looksey....hopefully you know where,
well just in case you have forgotten....(shame on you)
www.chianna47.webs.com
thanks for reading
Steph (aka Aeryn43)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi teamsters!
Thanks again for the praise.......in answer to scale question, I had hoped to build it in 1/72 but it was too big.....so made 1/148 or "N" gauge, mainly cos i had some people in that scale!. In fact that and a few bits off a robot are all the kit parts on her!.
:wave:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
HEY! That ain't fare...I want a big Serenity. How come I don't get a big Serenity? Ok, Ok, I'll go build my own.

Even added the Mule! I love it, good touch Steph. The basic shape had to be tough. You pulled it off real well too. The pattern around the engine, with the tri-angles, what did you use there? Or did you scratch it also?

What's next, a large scale Mule? That would be way cool. Seems it would be much easier too.

"...also, I can kill you with my brain" Another great line.

And don't forget "I aim to misbehave". In fact that show and movie was chock-full of some great one liners wasn't it?

hal9001-

·
Registered
983 Posts
HEY! That ain't fare...I want a big Serenity. How come I don't get a big Serenity? Ok, Ok, I'll go build my own.

Even added the Mule! I love it, good touch Steph. The basic shape had to be tough. You pulled it off real well too. The pattern around the engine, with the tri-angles, what did you use there? Or did you scratch it also?

What's next, a large scale Mule? That would be way cool. Seems it would be much easier too.

"...also, I can kill you with my brain" Another great line.

And don't forget "I aim to misbehave". In fact that show and movie was chock-full of some great one liners wasn't it?

hal9001-
I found a gal here online that sells the vinyl decals for your car. I got the Big 'Ol Serenity Logo and the quote "I aim to Misbehave" on the back window of my PT Cruiser. The Serenity logo could stand to be replaced, it was done in a frost tone and it's faded but the "I aim" was done in white and is as shiny as the day I put it on.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All done by hand!

In reply to HAL9001, the little evil triangle shapes were all cut out by hand(never again I tell you!), as i think I said somewhere else the only kit bits are a few robot parts, and two tops from deoderant bottles (can you quess where they are?)..
Mule definately too easy....how about a reaver ship!
Hope you checked out the video on the site too....oooh flashy lights!:tongue:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
[QUOTe
Mule definately too easy....how about a reaver ship!QUOTE]

Just so I get this straight, the triangles were "eveil", Serinity (had to be tough) and the Mule is to easy? And you would like to build a Reaveres ship?

Are you on drugs? Do you need to be on drugs? Are you hearing little voices?

Or, are you just a glutton for punishment? I suppose no matter, we all get to enjoy looking at your great builds. Regardlees how the end result was achieved!

On a serious note, do you know about how may hours it took you to build Serinity?

hal9001-

"It's geting awfull crowded in my sky" - Capt. Malcom Reynolds

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Too long!

HI Hal,
Sorry I have no idea how long she took to build, I had a dead period for about (felt like) 6 months, when she just lay on the bench, Ithink it was the thought of cutting out all those little bits that did it!...
Hubby thinks i need to do some of the many models hiding in our loft next...
but I am being drawn to Dan Dares ship The Anastasia....was also toying with the notion of an on-line build of the cgi version of Red Dwarf, but my website seems to be experiencing problems....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts