Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,283 Posts
Testors has lots of options for open weapons bays and such, but their kits always have some poor parts fit issues that drive me crazy. The prettiest and easiest to build is DML's 1/72 kit, but I'm not sure if it's still available:
http://www.inpayne.com/models/yf23dml1.html
It has no open weapons bays, but builds into a nice sharp-lloking model.

The only other one I know of is the resin 1/48 scale kit from Collect-aire (www.collectaire.com). It's what you'd call "for advanced modelers only." :)

The testors kit may be the only game in town, come to think of it.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

The collectaire sounds interesting. I have worked with resin, but need to see the pieces to determine if I am in too deep!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Testors YF-23 are really hard to come by on e-bay and I don’t see any online stores selling them. I don’t see Italeri, the Italian company owned by Testors, making any copies even though they produced a ton of F-22 Raptors and JSF. (YF-23 was a better fighter X-plane). Just check e-bay and type in YF-23 in the “Model Kit” section under “Toys and Hobbies” and you’ll see 10 to 15 e-bayers bidding on it in the last minute. Then the price will go up real high.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I have an Italeri YF-23 sitting up above me right now. 1/72, of course. Is this a re-box of someone else's YF-23? I have to say that this is one slick aircraft, ultra-sleek and gorgeous.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,283 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts