Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi again as i got such good help last time im back :)

i got a size 12 engine IC on the side

the pob is that when its going i brake it stalls so i thought i rebuild it to get rid of air leaks pob is now when i start it it still stalls but also if i remove the glow plug heater it stalls.

any help be very much welcomed

thanks

gav :jest: :wave:

·
Registered
246 Posts
If it dies when you remove the glow plug ignitor, I would install a new glow plug. You may also be too rich. But, start with the new glow plug.

Also, you make want to replace your clutch shoes or just clean them up. They may not be allowing the motor to spin when the brakes are on.

Just some ideas.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
If an engine stalls under braking, it can be that the idle speed screw is not adjusted properly. NOTE: This is NOT the low-speed needle -- there is a separate screw that limits the closing of the throttle opening in the carb... Some make the mistake of adjusting the engine's idle speed with the transmitter trim -- that works until you hit the brakes, and then the carb closes too far, killing the engine. (If it closes completely, all intake is shut off -- the engine is simply choked to death...)

The normal rule of thumb is that, when looking into the throat of the carb, it should not close down to less than about 1mm of opening -- adjust the idle speed screw until this is the case and retry...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi thanks for the help

when i brake the carb close right up so that got be it i try tomarrow it i can get the thing started

1 - 4 of 4 Posts