Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well done! I loved the equipment on pilot's lap and the paint job on the "world" base. I did not have the guts to do that. Exterior color looks spot-on, too!

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Nevermind about weathering, you did a magnificent job! I especially like the microphones, the "globe" painted base, and that gadget/gizmo/whatever-you-call-it on Capt. Crains' lap. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Excellent job both inside and out, my only suggestion might be to kill the gloss a little on the figures but that's just my personal taste and they probably look fine through the windows :thumbsup:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You all for your kind words, it is appreciated.:) I noticed after posting the pictures just how glossy they appeared, since then I dulled them down a bit as they look harsher with the glare of the flash.

I have started the 8 window Seaview and will post some pictures soon.
Thanks again for the encouragement.:wave:

Mike

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks Chrisisall and Trekkriffic for the kind comments, I had a ball building it.
I have moved on to the Seaview I am waiting for some photoetch and decals from Paulbo but in the meantime I free hand painted this as a first draft then I will include the better of the two in the model. Stay tuned for more.

Mike:wave:
View attachment 157241

View attachment 157242

·
Registered
488 Posts
Really nice job there Mike, really like the Scanner the FS-1 pilot has in his lap,
I had made a suggestion to not to long ago that it would be really cool to have
some aftermarket kits for the FS-1kit like a pilot using the scanner and the tabletop
laser as seen in some episodes of the show. Glad to see that I was not the only one
with that thought in mind. Really nice job on the Seaview!

Thanks for posting it!!!

Fortress

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Fortress, for the nice comments I just wanted to add something different although it was a little out of scale. After I complete the 8 window(another thread) I will be going back and building the 4 window control room and add the drop down laser with the Crane figure and will post some pictures.:wave:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts