Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
CTWLSMIKE said:
that car and the red one always get confused for whites. at least it has white lightning traits where i could understand a bit of confusion. the vette only has a wheel variant none of which match a white lightning trait. the seller must be a hotwheels person. there are quite a few cars that have always been confused for whites. there are two mini coopers that have white wheels that i always see listed as whites along with a lengthy list of import heat cars too.:D

although i don't agree with the sellers listing them without doing some research first, some could be honest mistakes but i figure you should at least have the slightest clue about them unlike the seller i posted. i have caught many non-whites listed as whites and informed the sellers. some have apologized and changed their listings but others have responded by saying "yeah,OK! :rolleyes: " like i was trying to con them out of a white by telling them it was a regular version. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
MudSlinger said:
If that's the W/L version then whats this one that I bought? :rolleyes:

That's a totally defective one. You can send it to me and I'll be sure to make sure it is properly dealt with. :wave:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
That's a totally defective one. You can send it to me and I'll be sure to make sure it is properly dealt with. :wave:
LOL, I feel like such a noob, well at least I got a w/l version too! :p

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
MudSlinger said:
LOL, I feel like such a noob, well at least I got a w/l version too! :p

Wow! Congrats on the find! Since you have the "WL" version already, send me the white one. If I find another white one and you really want it, I'll send it back to you. :wave:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Macs_Little_Car said:
DEAL!!!! :dude:
rob, now it isn't a white lightning anymore. it is now a very hard to find white wall version. are the ones you have the ultra rare white wall versions or the american racing wheeled ones?
the seller also said that he is not an idiot because he has way many more sales than i do! he also said that i should spend more time worrying about myself instead of what others are selling. :rolleyes: my response to that was very entertaining. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
yeah that white one is a deffect...should have been recallled....you see first they spray the white primer coat then they spray on the clear red coat...that is what makes it so shiney....your car never got the second coat...so if you send it back to rc2 they will send you the right one....or i can do it for you...i know some guys there and will be able to speed up the process.... ;)

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Pewter02WS6 said:
rob, now it isn't a white lightning anymore. it is now a very hard to find white wall version. are the ones you have the ultra rare white wall versions or the american racing wheeled ones?
the seller also said that he is not an idiot because he has way many more sales than i do! he also said that i should spend more time worrying about myself instead of what others are selling. :rolleyes: my response to that was very entertaining. :thumbsup:
On our shelves it is the very common white walled version as oppsed to the hard to find hard wheeled verision that we are sold out of.

did you send him the link?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Macs_Little_Car said:
On our shelves it is the very common white walled version as oppsed to the hard to find hard wheeled verision that we are sold out of.

did you send him the link?
after the words we shared, i don't think he would even follow the link even if i did give it to him. :eek:

do you have any of these white lightnings left? it is pretty funny how they have the description worded similar to the other idiot with the "CHECK THE DIFFERENCE OUT IN BOTH CARS WHEELS". maybe they are related????? :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHNNY-LIGHTNING-WL-1969-CHEVY-IMPALA-X2-TOPUP-TOPDOWN_W0QQitemZ110095588086QQihZ001QQcategoryZ19045QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
brian_frey74 said:
yeah that white one is a deffect...should have been recallled....you see first they spray the white primer coat then they spray on the clear red coat...that is what makes it so shiney....your car never got the second coat...so if you send it back to rc2 they will send you the right one....or i can do it for you...i know some guys there and will be able to speed up the process.... ;)
Thanks man, you guys are all so nice, I just don't know what I would do without you all! :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts