Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'd pay $22,600 for that!.......too bad I don't have $22,600,wonder if he'd take 2000 little Mopars for that big one???
That's one of the nicest 70's I've seen.Gotta love that big pistol grip.You could scare some people good with that car,you'd have to install "Oh S**t" handles to save the dash from fingernail marks :cool:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
zzmustang said:
its nice but, two build sheets?

That threw up a red flag IMO too.........another knock against it is that it's not a 100% original car......it's had the pans and other stuff replaced. Once that's done it signifigantly lowers the value. Also he mentioned that there is body filler in the car.....another knock. Lesson to learn here is if your car is worth cash like this one is don't cheap off the resto by using body filler. Take the time to work out that original sheetmetal........it'll look alot nicer without filler in it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TX Street Racer said:
That threw up a red flag IMO too.........another knock against it is that it's not a 100% original car......it's had the pans and other stuff replaced. Once that's done it signifigantly lowers the value. Also he mentioned that there is body filler in the car.....another knock. Lesson to learn here is if your car is worth cash like this one is don't cheap off the resto by using body filler. Take the time to work out that original sheetmetal........it'll look alot nicer without filler in it. :thumbsup:
I agree (and I think he also says it does not have the original transmission), however, if the car is really as rare as he claims, it would be worth going through it and bringing it up to snuff, as long as you could get it for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
PWSchuh said:
I agree (and I think he also says it does not have the original transmission), however, if the car is really as rare as he claims, it would be worth going through it and bringing it up to snuff, as long as you could get it for a reasonable price.

VERY true...having the original tranny would have been a plus. I definately agree that these cars ARE rare....and hell, I'd love to take one for a spin.

My other thought about the car is he does mentioned some sheetmetal being cut and replaced.....and mud work done. One sure thing to kill any kind of super collector car status would be that very thing...alteration. God only knows what you'd find onder that bondo...or metal work. I've seen a ton of cars that you'd swear would have been worth $$$.....but upon closer inspection your opinion changes. Not everyone's a magician when it comes to body work.......and unfortunately, this seller outright says that......so it makes me wonder what else might be a surprise to find later down the road.

Still, it would be a good driver........but as far as being a real high value collector car piece I really have my doubts :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts