Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a good thing I didnt go hog wild trading for whites. Canadiens are on the move selling the WL's CHEAP!!!!!! BWF camaro for $85!!! UNheard of! Do you think this will destroy the value of these pieces?????Hmm

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
It's supply and demand, right now the supply is catching up to demand. That $85 BWF Camaro was on a bad card, but still never thought I'd see one fall below $100 on any card. The Spoilers '69 Charger is in the same boat, used to be a couple hundred bucks, now they are getting around $100 or so and sure to fall with each new listing. Time will tell if the supply dries up and the price starts to go back up. If you're in the market for ANY Street Freaks R18 WLs, get them NOW! :D

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I suppose the value of any piece is only what an individual seems to place on it. The "gotta have it now's" or GHINS as Puppycat calls them, will always drive up the price of new releases. Remember Surf Rods??? $80, $100 and more for whites. Not even close now. Nash Bridges 'Cudas??? People were paying upwards of $80 last year. I picked one up for $32 a little over a month ago. In a few months those Camaros will be back on the bay, being resold by the poor devils who "had to have it now" and paid $300+ for the thing. And I don't mean to criticize. To each his/her own. I just prefer to wait until the crazies get done before I set my sights on something.. :cool: :wave:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Personally, I can't fathom spending that kind of money on a toy car, regardless of its "Status". The most I have spent on a WL was $30, at a local hobby shop, and that was for the Guns N Roses white tired Vega. Most likely too much, but it was at the time my first and only white tired WL, and I wanted it. Had it been $35 or more, it would still be hanging (I'm not even a Guns N Roses fan).

Here's a thought. When we all leave this planet and can't take these with us, unless the rest of the family knows what you have invested and will pass it on or sell it off, your collection may end up being put out with the rest of the yard sale stuff.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
NYSWLhunter said:
Its a good thing I didnt go hog wild trading for whites. Canadiens are on the move selling the WL's CHEAP!!!!!! BWF camaro for $85!!! UNheard of! Do you think this will destroy the value of these pieces?????Hmm
dont you live in NY?

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Dadvball said:
Here's a thought. When we all leave this planet and can't take these with us, unless the rest of the family knows what you have invested and will pass it on or sell it off, your collection may end up being put out with the rest of the yard sale stuff.
I have made arrangements with friends in the collecting community to take care of the disbursement of my collection and I am responsible for several different people's collections should they pass before me.

Gotta make sure the families are taken care of and not taken advantage of

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
( Originally posted by Dadvball) Here's a thought. When we all leave this planet and can't take these with us, unless the rest of the family knows what you have invested and will pass it on or sell it off, your collection may end up being put out with the rest of the yard sale stuff.

I spend quite a bit of time hitting yard, garage and estate sales. A couple of months ago I picked up a burlap sack full (22 cars) of Redline HotWheels for $5. I don't collect HW but I knew the redlines were probably worth something. Did a little research and posted them on the bay a few at a time. I've sold 17 of the 22 cars for a little over $700. Needless to say, my collection will survive me through my son, who is well aware of the value of these "toys". I gave him permission to sell them when he's 40 :p .

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Just watch out for all those Canadians that may pick now to get back at all those Americans who said in the past that they 'won't ship to Canada' :lol:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
DaCustomizer said:
then y do ya have canadian stuff lol. just curious!
I don't see anything in any post about him having Canadian stuff...just wanting it...:confused:
..but maybe u r trying to say, why does he have a Canadian flag as his avatar?

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pablodragon said:
I don't see anything in any post about him having Canadian stuff...just wanting it...:confused:
..but maybe u r trying to say, why does he have a Canadian flag as his avatar?
Its a gimmick :tongue:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts