Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my "Yellow Submarine 1970 Chevelle"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my two favorite HW castings, the 1970 Chevelle.
This one is done up in colors and graphics inspired from the Yellow Submarine Album.
Far Out Decals in all the colors of the Rainbow.

30 minutes of refining the body including removing the simulated hood pins and filing and sanding all casting scars, mold seams, window openings and wheel wells.
Then she's rubbed down with #3 Steel Wool and brushed with a soft Brass wire brush to remove any fine debris.
Washed with soap, water and a toothbrush, rinsed and then dried with a chamois to leave no lint.

Baked dry then Primered, then the roof is shot Shimrin White making a bright clean base for the Bright Lemon Yellow.
Roof is shot InterCoat Clear for taping, taped, and then the body is shot Shimrin White.

One small piece at a time, New Far Out Decals are created in a more traditional HotRod style of flames and then using the PhotoShop AirBrush Tool they are filled in with colorful Tie-Dye imagery straight out of the '60s.

Front cap is fully wrapped, Front and Rear Windshield trim, rear side markers, headlights,
Custom Cut Chrome Center Caps clean up the open end axles of slotted Real Rider rims for a totally Custom set of wheels.

Clearcoated with House Of Kolor Urethane Clear Enamel and a dash of Brilliant Gold Pearl Powder.

All Products Used Are Exclusively House Of Kolor, Of Course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clear InkJet Decal paper from Papilio.com

Scroll down for a couple more,

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Coming up, the 1970 Chevelle Wagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Austin, Bob,
Thanks TJ,
This is the very first set I made of my "Far Out Flames".

Making my Scalloped Flames shown on all the NASCAR Customs I recently posted spawned the idea for these more traditionally shaped HotRod Flames.
Something never seen before, traditionally shaped Hot Rod Flames combined with '60s Tie-Dyed graphics.

I have a dozen or so more wraps for this '70 Chevelle and '70 Chevelle Wagon in different colored Tie-Dyed combinations.

Over the weekend I also created 15 wraps for the '66 Nova, 11 for the HW '64 Impala, and 14 for the seldom seen HW '63 Impala.

Look for many of these to begin showing up here during the next 4 weeks.

Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Nice flames Pat! trunks all wrong tho, should say smilinbob3, Bourbon Mo....LOL...Carl Chafin you are one lucky fellow with what has to be a very impressive Cadillac Pat display of art !

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice flames Pat! trunks all wrong tho, should say smilinbob3, Bourbon Mo....LOL...Carl Chafin you are one lucky fellow with what has to be a very impressive Cadillac Pat display of art !
Thanks James, RoadRunner, SSChevyMan and Jite,

I called Carl at the HW Convention and asked him to pick me up a couple of dozen Chevelle Wagons in the Room to Room trading.

I've got a few more of these Custom NASCAR 's in the '69 Camaro Convertibles casting to post up with Carl's name on them.
Different colored flames this time from the ones made for Bud..

Keeping the ZIING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts