Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Still with opening doors! Woolworths sold them back around '94 as Diamond Wheels, when I bought the yellow '66 Chevelle and the blue Mark IV Lincoln. I am surprised to see that the Mercury Commuter is included in your grouping.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tone said:
Still with opening doors! Woolworths sold them back around '94 as Diamond Wheels, when I bought the yellow '66 Chevelle and the blue Mark IV Lincoln. I am surprised to see that the Mercury Commuter is included in your grouping.
I never knew they were sold as diamond wheels. I'm still trying to get the 'light purple '64 Impala with the black/yellow tampos,' and the 'blue Cadillac Fleetwood with the red/white/black tampos.' I wish I would have found those as well when I was over there.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have the Impala on a Ja-Ru card, I removed the tampo printing so now it's just a nice plain Impala :)

That's a nice casting - better than the Hot Wheels version, of course, but of course not the quality of the old Racing Champions Motor Trend version.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tone said:
I have the Impala on a Ja-Ru card, I removed the tampo printing so now it's just a nice plain Impala :)

That's a nice casting - better than the Hot Wheels version, of course, but of course not the quality of the old Racing Champions Motor Trend version.
Yeah, that casting is a lot better than the Hotwheels version, plus it has opening doors. I have a yatming version of the Impala, but it's the dark purple one with gold tampos, and I don't really care for the older style wheels on it.

I use to have the RC Impala; it had a lot of detail, but I didn't care for it because the motor fell out and the hood would not shut right. It was a nicely detailed car though.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Nice stuff. Quite a few in there I would love to find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts