Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got this yatming casting (i think) a month or so ago from a pile of cars for .50 cents. I loved this one but the wheels, paint were wacked, but loved the clear head ligts and good detail... So i save her, but I am not sure what Car it is... I think its a Mitsubishi Diamante.

Some of the clear coat caused some peeling, but chalked it up to it being an older car.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
good save, and fyi, when paint wrinkles up like that it means you did not leave the basecoat to dry long enough before you added clear. and you need to do a few light dust coats of clear before you do a couple of medium coats...and if clearcoat turns milky/white its due to too high humidity, to combat that(always high humidity here) i will spray infront of a 500w halogen shop light then place the item under the light fast as possible and it helps bake the paint so to say. also i found out its very easy to spray too heavy of a coat with a spray can, so i drill out the spray nozzle of the can and attatch a plastic q-tip tube to it and spray it into my airbrush's paint jar and let the paint warm up to let the propellent evaporate...works so much better and if you keep the paint in a airtight jar it wont harden...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts