Hobbyist Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
Don't forget the yellow (gold, in your case) flexible metal hose (tm)* connecting the elbows to the back!

*flexible metal hose courtesy of Corn Pone Flicks epic production 'Flexible Metal Hose Co. Vs. the Universe' 1993)
Well Steve to be honest I'm through mucking about with Analyzer, plus, in 2199 the cables are missing from his shoulders/elbows, so I get to leave those off and claim that version!

Finally getting some paint and weathering on this beast, what a pain... the process has given me several small heart attacks in the form of peeling primer, over-thinned base color, and several missed spots.. don't know how I could have been so careless, but, I knew that paint is something I need to work on, so this is all good practice...

Superstructure completed, with wash, drybrush and rust powder weathering:

·
Administrator
26,984 Posts
Pretty soon you will not be able to read your post, because you cant find your glasses. That are inside the base of your Analyzer. Where you could find them - when you come back into the hobby room to work on painting something you forgot, but what kit was it?

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Interesting weathering... it's got that maiden voyage post-launch dirty look going there.
It was supposed to be rust and 'space dirt' but with the color correction it turned out more just like dirt! Didn't turn out quite the way I wanted, I think I rushed it... but no matter, this build was just an experiment. I did learn quite a bit though! I now have ammunition with which to attack my two larger 1/500 kits, and the mods I am most likely going to make to those...

·
Administrator
26,984 Posts
Well since all the photos in this thread got moved too I'm not even going to try to re-post all the ones I used, I can't remember which ones I posted anyway, so here's a link to the album if anyone wants a gander.
I flagged your thread for review under the still on going missing images issues for the site with VS Admin and the Xenforo development team. I tried to also edit the current url to see if it would sync up with a current location or status beforehand to no avail. Even though you have added a full album of the images, perhaps we can establish the existing image links as well. Stay patient.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts