Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Are those 6" radius turns on the inside of the "banked" end? Which direction are the cars coming into that corner from -- the long straight or the short one after the esses? The short one would be better. Otherwise, whichever car is racing on the inside lane there is going to have a tough time keeping up. That lane doesn't get very much time on the outside so it's going to be challenging for them.

·
BANNED
8,202 Posts
0xx, there is a raised portion on the narrow extension. I don't know that I would call it banked.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tk its coming off the long straight and most of the time I'm the one running on the inside lane with my nephews.. I just started to raise the far corner and have a few more to do..

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
6" curves can flow good, or can be a royal headache. A lot of it just depends on where it is. My little table has (2) 6" 1/4 curves and one gives me no issues whatsoever. Heck, I don't even have guard rail on it. The other one causes trouble consistently, and I've gone as far as far as propping it up with a 9" curve to add a little bank to it and it still is a pain with spin outs. It just depends on what leads into them and out of them. Having them at the end of a long straight can be an issue, but if you're driving the worst lane all the time you will get used to it.

·
BANNED
8,202 Posts
looks pretty darn good and I can appreciate the simple elevation change. I'll bet it is plenty fast too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts