Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windows XP Service Pack 2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Makes other pop-up blockers redundant.

Allows you to manage (edit) 3rd party browser add-ons. This was a major drawback before. Most ad-trojans are browser add-ons. This gives you an integrated solution for getting rid of these.

Pushes security to the front rather than hidden. Enhances security to make 3rd party firewall software redundant.

Improves wireless networking interface.

Improves performance (this one's subjective, I've made no measurements).

My download was over 90mb. Via 3mbps broadband this took about 10 minutes. If you're on a dial up expect it to take days. Installation took about an hour.

It will download via window's automatic update feature or you can actively download by going to the windows update page. You can also order a CD free of charge.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
jsut make sure your machine is clean before you put on sp2.
use spybot or adware to clean, do a full virus scan, do a nice defrag and clean up any old files/temp files not use (use the microsoft cleanup).

at work, sp2 causes some problems with novell etc.. but pretty much it is a good stable machine that protects .. err.. kinda well.

but even with that make sure the pc is always updated, virus defs are updated, and you have a good spyware blocker (google or yahoo does well!).

also, if all possible, use Firefox ;0

my two cents to add with SP2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts