Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do xipp dcx3000 zappers really work???? i have heard that once a battery has been zapped properly from the factory that there is no sense in zapping it again. is this true??? also does the xipp zapper dcx3000 have enough voltage to zap a pack correctly?? lmk please

dwayne

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
ive used it on 3800, help my practice packs greatly, dropped IR a ton,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,practice packs,,,,,,,,,,,,dont know about 4200's, i would never tell u to hit a race pack,,,,my 2 cents

C3

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
munchi said:
do xipp dcx3000 zappers really work???? i have heard that once a battery has been zapped properly from the factory that there is no sense in zapping it again. is this true??? also does the xipp zapper dcx3000 have enough voltage to zap a pack correctly??
The Xipp dc3000 is a maintenance zapper and NOT as strong as a factory zapper.

The maintenance zapper does one thing.

Lowers IR by reduces bubbles and crystal buildup around the metal plates inside the battery.
This is caused by HEAT/COOLING cycles as you use your cells.
The liquid around the cells plates heat expand, maybe vent (turn into a gas too hot) and then back into a liquid.
If the cell is cooled off to fast the gas can crystalize around the plates LOWERING IR by creating hair like shorts on the interior plates of the cell.

The big thing here is that you don't want to over do it.
Zap the cells with lower voltage.

The IB3800 and IB4200 love it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
B mullins said:
Do you zapp the batteries once they are discharged or when they are charged?

I always discharged the pack first. Cool min. 40 minutes.
Equalize and zap each cell.

Charge 5.5 or 6 amps. :)

Also, I only zap after 5-6 battery cycles or when IR increases. :cool:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zapper

where can you get the "mac daddy zappers"?? and would you want to use it like the maintenance zapper?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts