Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the point of Achievements for Xbox 360 games? I'm the type of person who likes to complete 100% of any game I played. I just want to get some type of useful bonus for doing it. Okay, I can have some bragging rights if I do everything. Microsoft should reward online points for downloads/purchases for achievements.

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
I think the achievement points are a cool thing for some games because it even after you complete a game 100%, there may be more of a challenge for you. 10,000 on-line kills in Gears of War for instance. Even though you completed the game more than once, you can still play the game and try to acomplish even more.

I am constantly going to Bejeweled 2 and adding a few more levels to the INFINATE mode to eventually try to get to level 180. (I think that is the level to unlock the achievement)

Now, some games have some dumb achievements but that was early on. I think newer games are coming out with harder and more clever ways to incorporate achievement points into their games.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bejeweled achivements are a bit on the ridiculous side. Endless mode is level 280 and some of the other achievements are just too time intensive. I don't think you should have to play for 100+ hours to get an achievement. However, having said that I am too trying to get to level 280, but am only at 110 right now. I also just got 10000 power gems and I am at about 650 hyper gems.

The achievements for Lego Star Wars II: The original trilogy aren't too bad. I've been able to complete the game at 100%, but still need to go back and beat every level without dying to finish all of my achievements.

Still would like to see some bonus for getting all the achievements in some games.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Speaking of Star Wars Lego:

I am really having a terrible time at one spot. In the "New Hope" episode, I'm on the Jawa transport. There is a ledge I'm trying to jump on, but It's out of reach by everybody. The only one that comes close is Luke, but it's just a hair short. Any clues?

Thanks!

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
ozmont said:
Speaking of Star Wars Lego:

I am really having a terrible time at one spot. In the "New Hope" episode, I'm on the Jawa transport. There is a ledge I'm trying to jump on, but It's out of reach by everybody. The only one that comes close is Luke, but it's just a hair short. Any clues?

Thanks!
I don't believe there is anything to get to off that transport. It took me forever to find some of the stuff on that level. You will kick yourself if you did not visit the spot that I couldn't find. At the very beginning of the level, if you go to the right, there is a place that you have to fly over to get to. You have to play in Free Play to get there. When I played for the first time I saw it but couldn't get across in the normal mode and totally forgot about going that way while in free play. That is where I found the the rest of what I needed to complete that level.

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
ozmont said:
Thanks for the tip. But so far there isn't any other way off that stupid transport.

I will go back and check the other area. :thumbsup:
Have you been inside the transport?

Once you make it to the top you and your helper pull the levers at the same time and a vacuum opens up underneath the transport. You jump off in the front and go under the transport and you should get pulled into the transport.

·
Registered
393 Posts
the ach. are there for proof, remember when your friends said they beat this and that on a video game? well now you have proof and bragging rights.i too agree that you should get ms points, that would be great.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Star Wars Lego II: - Jundland Wastes (I think)

When you are trying to get up to the top of the Jawa Transport, you should have Tatooine Luke and Obi-Wan when playing in story level. There should be some stuff you can blow up to the left of the Jawa Transport that turns into blocks you can build into a grappling hook target. Obi-Wan uses the force to open platforms to jump up on and Luke uses his grappling hook. The point of the outside of the Jawa Transport is to get to the top to activate the vacuum tube to get in the inside of the Transport. We should start a thread for this game.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts