Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All I frickin did was trying to take my favorite indy body off of tyco narrow chassis and the body exploded in pieces!!!! ARGGHHHHH!!! one of my favorite body I had in my display for a long time maybe 20 years or so. Jeez.. not my good day!!

been having a bad day!! garbage disposal burned up big time that set off the fire alarm !! argghhhh..

it never happened to me before !!! it was so brittle!! there is no sun in my office where my display is - my office is in basement and never had a sun shining in ..

Wes

·
Registered
749 Posts
I remember someone saying that Tyco had some issues with white indy plastic.
Something to the effect of the mold not being cleaned out from the solvent used to flush them, it would contaminate the plastic and over time it would get extremely brittle.
Sun would have had nothing to do with it if this was the case.
I had a Malboro Indy break very easy once but not into 50 pieces.
Thanks,
Keith

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Wes,

I am at a loss for words....Sucks to be you. :cry:

Bob... :mad: Freakin' Frackin' Grumble, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah Grrrrrrrr :mad: ...zilla

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Ugh. Sorry buddy, that really sucks. Ive never seen such a thing.

But if its any consolation, I went to go see G.W.A.R. friday, and the bartender got my girlfriend completely schnockered. I mean its fine to load up my drinks, Im 6'1" and 250 lbs, she's 5'4" and 120. She had 2 rum and cokes that were a bit stiff, the 3rd had her off in the corner miserable by the 3rd song. I missed the show to take her downstairs while the rest of my friends were getting to see them beheading Obama! [email protected]#$!!!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Tyco grenade...

Sorry about your loss...

I had something like that happen to me nearly the exact same. I even kept the body in pieces to prove it in case I ever told someone the story.

It was a prototype "test shot" narrow chassis 80s corvette (stingray style).
It is off-white and while trying to snap it on, it blew up like a grenade. I stood there with 8 to 10 pieces in my hand and a couple on the floor. I couldn't help but laugh. I have never seen anything like that happen. Well- until today.

-Marc and Marcus

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts

Aaaaaaaahahahahaha -- This happened to a friend of mine too. He was snapping it onto the chassis when it blew apart in about 5 pieces. Same exact body.

Sorry for you loss. If you want, box up the bits & pieces and send them to me. I'll put them behind the crash wall at Turn 2 on my big road course -- The turn gets everyone eventually. :)

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
moment of silence ..................................

Dang Wes that's gotta hurt. Sorry for your loss.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts