Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Wow, what a cool piece of 'Aurora-ana'. Chances are you'll have to wait until some ex-Aurora employee trims his collection to get a crack at one.......save your pennies.

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
chriscobbs said:
Found one, my quest is now over.

hey how many broncos you have? I have over 47 tyco superbirds that i have been collecting like crazy.. now i have over 33 JL/AW 69/70 dodge chargers!! those two are my most favorite cars. I have pics somewhere i have to find it.

Wes

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WesJY said:
hey how many broncos you have? I have over 47 tyco superbirds that i have been collecting like crazy.. now i have over 33 JL/AW 69/70 dodge chargers!! those two are my most favorite cars. I have pics somewhere i have to find it.

Wes
Wes,

See my site, http://www.earlybroncotoys.com/. Some of my collections pictures are out of date, but it'll give you a good idea.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
man, you don't mess around, do you? that's a SERIOUS collection. :thumbsup:

i have fond memories of an old Bronco like that...

I ditched school with my girlfriend one day during senior year of high school and met up with friends at the beach. One of the guys had an orange Bronco like the ones you collect (I have NO idea what year, but I know it was a six-cylinder). He said, "Hey, let's take the Bronco out on the 4-wheeler beach!" Sure, great idea... I parked my Nova and we climbed aboard. Only problem was that he had the front driveshaft removed. I dunno if the front diff was bad, or there was something wrong with the transfer case, or maybe a bad u-joint or whatever, but he was only 2-wheel-drive that day, and he thought his big offroad tires would get us through the sand okay. Wrong. We bogged down like a hundred feet in, maybe less, and wasted several hours of our glorious day off trying to get unstuck. Another one of the guys had a little Jeep CJ with a Chevy 283, and he almost destroyed it trying to pull us out... finally some good samaritan with a huuuuge new black Bronco (this was 1987) with huuuuuuge tires hooked us up and idled us out like it was nothing. He actually had to tow us the rest of the way down the sand path TO the beach, then turn us around and drag us out. No problem. The guy never turned off his stereo or air conditioning.

thanks for that trip down memory lane...

--rick

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
chriscobbs said:
1976 that's used for 4 wheeling.

thats one nice looking bronco!! :thumbsup:

i didnt realize that you are from maryland.. where do you go off roading? i am from elkridge maryland. i have 1998 cherokee jeep.

Wes

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
WesJY said:
thats one nice looking bronco!! :thumbsup:

i didnt realize that you are from maryland.. where do you go off roading? i am from elkridge maryland. i have 1998 cherokee jeep.

Wes
Thanks. I go to a couple different places in western MD and a huge place called Paragon Adventure park in PA.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
An excellent collection, Chris!
I would’ve never imagined there were so many Bronco toys-

And a sharp 1/1 ride too! :thumbsup:

When I was rummaging around (we are tidying up the den today-) looking for the pic of my Lemans, I ran across these and thought you might have a care for them-

We snapped these when we went to the Ford Nats’ many, many years ago-
The engine in it is a 494 cu. Boss 429!

Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
boss9 said:
An excellent collection, Chris!
I would’ve never imagined there were so many Bronco toys-

And a sharp 1/1 ride too! :thumbsup:

When I was rummaging around (we are tidying up the den today-) looking for the pic of my Lemans, I ran across these and thought you might have a care for them-

We snapped these when we went to the Ford Nats’ many, many years ago-
The engine in it is a 494 cu. Boss 429!

Enjoy! :)

Nice. I've never seen the Bronco before. Thanks for the pictures and compliments.

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
chriscobbs said:
Thanks. I go to a couple different places in western MD and a huge place called Paragon Adventure park in PA.
ahh ok.. thanks for the info. my family is from pa and sometimes i go off road there.

Wes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts