Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Check this out. I had a smc 5000 that I could'nt find for months. Well I found it today... Under the passenger seat of my car. It was swollen so bad I was scared to pick it up. The scary part is I would have never known about it if it wasn't for Hollywood video calling me for a dvd I ment to drop off last week. I forgot to drop it off and they called today. I went out to the car to find the DVD and found this instead.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Just think, if it had stayed under there, the insurance company could have been paying you for the charred remains of your car... lol

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
One reason why mine is always stored in a Lipo sack when not being used!!! :eek:

Check this out. I had a smc 5000 that I could'nt find for months. Well I found it today... Under the passenger seat of my car. It was swollen so bad I was scared to pick it up. The scary part is I would have never known about it if it wasn't for Hollywood video calling me for a dvd I ment to drop off last week. I forgot to drop it off and they called today. I went out to the car to find the DVD and found this instead.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
One reason why mine is always stored in a Lipo sack when not being used!!! :eek:

Yeah, I don't normally store my pack under the seat's of the car lol

I lent the pack to a buddy.. I packed up before he returned it, So it got thrown in the car after being up 24hours straight!

From now on my pack's will be in a lipo sack!

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
It's been HOT here on the West Coast of CA the past few days (especially for our COOL Central Coast)

We had a HUGE UGLY Exposion in my Son's GEO yesterday - scared the heck out of him as he was PARKING the CAR!

and MAN did it make a mess of the INTERIOR!!!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
my lipo is in my sack at all times....(not realy i just wanted to say sack)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Lucky u have a car left to find it in, friend of mine had one go off, in his garage, right next to his brand new car..... lucky he had a car cover on it!

:freak:

·
Registered
259 Posts
So what would be the "Proper Method" for disposing of a damaged lipo like that one?
hmm...bucket of salt water for a couple of days. Check for voltage (if none) then toss it in the garbage. They are landfill safe if properly killed off.

OR- a large metal spike in an open area or fire pit. Must post vid though if you do this!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
if you take a needle and let some air out of it you can close the case and run that bad mother.......lmao (disclaimer for any tard that might read this "it is a joke")

1 - 20 of 23 Posts