Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 4 degrees here in Chicago today, and the windchill factor is - 10 degrees!!!!

OUCH!!

Andre :freak:

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
its -2 here with -14 wc man i aint goin outside again today brrrrrrr ttfn johnny

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Here in La Porte the Truck said it was -5 on the way into school this morning. We have about 8-10" of snow on the ground. Had a 2 hour delay on Monday due to snow and cancelled school yesterday due to blowing drifting and new snow. We are looking for more snow Thursday and Friday. Might be a short week if wind comes with that snow.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Upper 20's to low 30's here. Got a dusting last night. Very unusual for New England. Might be getting a few inches toward the end of the week if the front doesn't blow out to sea (which it probably will).
ECchopper on the Cape may have gotten dumped on last night.....Rob? Are ya diggin' out, buddy?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
wish it was that warm here.
the other night it was -38 degrees below zero.
I thought for sure we would be the coldest spot in the nation,
but nooooooo..............
West Yellowstone Montana chimed in with a -51 reading.
And folks, that is the measured temp. without the windchill factor.

All you guys live in the Banana Belt!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
Always makes me appreciate a zero wind chill when Chuck chimes in. Thanks Chuck, I feel warmer already.
No Problem, always happy to help.
I do wonder what the windchill is when its -38 and we have a 40 mph steady wind.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
CJTORINO said:
I do wonder what the windchill is when its -38 and we have a 40 mph steady wind.
Does it REALLY matter at that point??? I mean, I'm sure there are gauges and calculations to measure it, but once it gets that cold, putting a number on it is merely a formality I think. :eek:

·
Registered
971 Posts
CJTORINO said:
And I'm guessing there is not much around there to stop that wind either :rolleyes: .
It's been low to mid 30s during the day and mid 20s at nite for weeks. Overcast too. Had 3/4" of snow about a week and a half ago and it stayed all week and made very slick; 200 fender-benders in one day! On 3/4" !!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts