Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am floored! What an auction. Here are the stats...346 hits (views) in 7 days with 21 bids by 10 bidders for a closing total of...$122.50 :thumbsup:

I don't know the winning bidder, he may be a member here on HT, but I don't think so. But I would like to pass an honorable mention to our own WLPAUL for really driving the bidding. Buddy, I can't believe it, this guy came in and nailed only one bid. But on behalf of John and the donor, THANK YOU!

Gang, thank you to everyone who made this so successful. I will make sure John knows all the names. And thank you to Rob for letting me keep the auction posted on the front JL page during the week, and not just the auction thread.

Last but not least, thank you to the HT member who made this all possibly. With out your kind offer, there would have been no auction to start with. Your are a stand up guy, and I truly belive you have sowed good seed. I pray for a wonderful harvest.

In just two auctions, this and the 1:24 Stang won by RedDrawf II, we have raised almost $200 for the Squirrel. People, your awesome!

Love Ya All!
Ward :wave:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Sweet! Congrats to the winner, that test shot is a beauty.

I think you left out one person to thank Ward, yourself!
This would have never happened without you.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Awesome news, Ward!!!

The people here really are top-notch, I am truely proud to be part of such a great community. A big kudos to the donors, bidders, and to you, Ward for handling the auctioning, and to Rob for letting the auction stay on the main thread here! It really is great that this was able to raise that money that I'm sure will help John out through the tough time.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Hats off to you, Ward. I know you don't want the fanfare but, you did orchestrate this fundraiser and covered some expenses from your pocket. Kudos to you! :thumbsup: Kudos to the anonymous donor! :thumbsup: And to the winner of the auction, if you're reading this, very nice of you to part with that kind of coin! Enjoy not only that red Super Bee, but the fact that you have helped out someone in need. :)

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
That's cool. :thumbsup:

I have to wonder what it might have went for if PayPal had been offered as a form of payment.

There are a lot of people who will not bid on an auction if they can't use PayPal.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I know Travis, but it's just the way this one went. I don't use PayPal, and talked to John, but he had shut down his PP acount when they moved out and he packed up the puter. So he could not have made it work from his end. He said he would re open when he gets settled.

But I am still thrilled at the selling amount. I do feel bad about the PP issue, and maybe I should have told the donor not to go through me over that very issue. But it truly never came up at the time we put it together.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Congrats to everyone and way to go Cool Joe! :thumbsup: Another great addition to an already great collection for a great cause. Man that's great!

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
There's some great people on this site! Maybe next time someone can get their hands on the Warrior 1 Hummer for one of these things :lol:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Thanks, Mike...& Thanks to u Ward, :thumbsup:

CTWLSMIKE said:
Congrats to everyone and way to go Cool Joe! :thumbsup: Another great addition to an already great collection for a great cause. Man that's great!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey COOL, are you are high bidder/winner? That is just fantastic! I am sorry to say that had no idea you were a HT member. That makes it even sweeter. I so hope you enjoy the test shot, and one more time, on behalf of the everyone...THANK YOU!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Man I wanted this but I bid up to my monthly die cast budget.
I was not worried about no paypal.
I'm sure if paypal was added it might of made a slight difference but not much.

Congrats COOL on winning.

My ebay id is itguru.

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Congrats on the win Cool !! I thought I could pull it out, but was glad I could help. It is for a good cause.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I wish the words existed to describe how completely blown away I am by this (one of my shoes landed half a block away, I had to send Mary after it since my foot was still in it :lol: ).
You guys just floor me, you really do.
To everyone I say a big, mushy,heartfelt
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The money will be put to good use, I promise you.
John
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts