Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
isnt this great?!? I got this disintegrating Klingon battle cruiser kit off EEBAY for the box art, and tucked neatly under the kit parts was this little relic from yesteryear. Bring back any memories? KEEP ON TREKKIN! LOL!

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Yep, it DOES bring back memories (that I had safely buried): peach fuzz, zits, poofy hair... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Oh my god! I still have two sets of those. I ordered them when I was a wee lad, and forgot them. When my father died, I was cleaning out the attic and found them still in their mailer envelope, they had been up there for at least 25 years or more. I don't know if they are still usable, but I will never try, they are in my album of Trek memories now.

My Dad never threw anything away.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,301 Posts
Send it to who? Racing Champions, who just announced the total shutdown of AMT/Ertl model division?

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
scifieric said:
Ohmygod! I had those and wore them! LOL! Excellent.
It would have been easier just to go around shouting at the top of your lungs, "I'M A NERD! I'M A NERD!" :tongue:

Reminds me of the "Sci-Fi Hawaiian Shirt" that Monsters in Motion used to offer (I believe it's no longer in their catalogue). Looks like any other gaudy Hawaiian shirt from afar, but close up the pattern actually consists of UFO's, various aliens, flying saucers beaming up cattle, etc. For guys who think a regular Hawaiian shirt just doesn't make them look quite geeky enough!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I sweet talked my Mom into sending off for the even geekier windbreaker.

·
Starship Class
12,006 Posts
I had that set and put some of them on T-shirts. In fact, I remember just 15 years ago ironing one of them I found (science insignia) on a blue T-shirt. I probably still have a few of the individual (cut out) emblems around somewhere.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts