Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up today at TRU..........
Since the release of the 40th series I have just about given up on JL.

But after finding this one today,it looks like they might be listening to the collectors..................

I LIKE it.............

Thanks for lookin'..............

Air

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Welcome to the board.

They did do a great job on this monte casting,it's a shame they had to follow up with the 40th and forever64 lines.

Nice pics also.

:)

·
Registered
467 Posts
That is a beauty! There are a few JL's that when they get the wheels and tires right it makes for a proud piece. Unfortunatley it seems to be more the exception than the norm. Make you wonder why they can't do that more often. They have a lot of good castings.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Nice pics...and a nice car. This doesn't look like anything recent though. Not with those rubber wheels. I never got this one at any rate. What series/release did it actually come from?

·
Registered
972 Posts
I never did get one of these, which is too bad, because it is a nice looking casting. I suppose that goes along with the fact that in September of 1985, I considered ordering a brand new 86 Monte SS. The price was a bit steeper than I could afford at the time so instead, I ordered a brand new El Camino with the SS Sport Decor package. I still have it, and it now has a grand total of 6200 miles on it. Am I sorry I did not get the Monte? Nope. Now I 'd like to see someone do a 1/64 of this year Elky SS with the chrome grille/bumper rather than the already done soft nosed SS.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Not a new release

The 1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS was part of Muscle Cars release 20 that was still in the full plastic blisters.
Image courtesy of JLCollector.com. Thanks Wyatt.

Airborn511, thanks for the fantastic images.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Nothing new to add, as the guys already pointed out this is not a current releases. I just want to say WOW, what great photos! Thanks for the post.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts