Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WoW! HT sure has changed! Remember me? Hurst equiped pic inside

Hello everyone,
It has been a long time! I just wanted to stop in and see who is still hanging out here,I see a few old names from the old days and see plenty of new names,that's good,it's nice to see the diecast hobby has not died.
Some years ago I lost the fire for collecting,still have my entire collection and from time to time admire it. The only cars I buy these days are Oldsmobiles and maybe a couple others that catch my attention.
My diecast fire died down when I was lucky enough to get a 1:1 1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass S.
Some time ago when HT changed,I was locked out and I'm not the greatest with computers so I never spent the time to figure out how to get back in.I finally figured it out,so here I am to say hi.
I may have moved on to other things but let me tell you,I have always missed the old days and the great people I met in my diecast journey.
I spent many hours here in the old days and always considered HT my internet home.
I spend most of my internet time on FB now days,discussing and learning about 1:1 Oldsmobiles. I do have a couple collectors from the old days on my friends list for which I am very grateful.
I stopped in and posted an update on my Olds in the 1:1 section,if your interested ,take a look.It is Hurst equiped!
Anyway if you remember me,say hello,it will be nice to say hi to some familiar names,if we never met,say hello,it will be nice to meet some of the new blood so to speak.

·
Super Moderator
656 Posts
I'm glad you were able to get back in to say hello and catch the forum up on what you have been up to. I really like your Olds 1:1. Great photographs. I love the signature on the glove box.

As a newer member who never knew you before, I'll say that your visit is another reason I wish I had found this place a long time ago. I like it now, it must have been a blast before.

It's nice to meet you now and see two great Olds. The one above and the 1:1.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad you were able to get back in to say hello and catch the forum up on what you have been up to. I really like your Olds 1:1. Great photographs. I love the signature on the glove box.

As a newer member who never knew you before, I'll say that your visit is another reason I wish I had found this place a long time ago. I like it now, it must have been a blast before.

It's nice to meet you now and see two great Olds. The one above and the 1:1.
Hi Dave,
Thanks for saying hi and the great compliments! Nice to meet you.
Back in the old days when JL was in it's prime,HT was the happening place. It was tons of fun,there was a lot of traffic with alot of interaction between collectors. It was a very tight knit group of collectors back then,many friendships were formed with many collectors looking out for and helping each other out. Mark H was promoting and running Lightning Fest,people came from all over the country to attend LF.
I have many very fond memories of the old days. mainly the people,really do miss the old days! Some of my favorite though are before my internet days when I collected but had no idea white lightnings existed.
Nice to meet you!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Hiya Trip! I just dropped in to do the same as you. See if there were any names I recognized. Not really, well til I saw yours. Are you on the FB JL groups? I found WLPaul on there as well as Scott 1091 and some others. I swear though it was much easier to remember who was who when we had names like Pony and Triple20. Remember T/A Tom and Olgier, Bfw & AcCobra, good ole days I'm telling ya :)

I know its been a year since you posted this but i figure you'll drop in again at some point and you'll see it then

1 - 10 of 10 Posts