Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have many diecast cars in this scale, but it's nice that we now have one for those who collect this scale.

I have a few 1/43 HW Ferrari's, and a 1/43 HW '71 GTX. A few Maisto releases as well (the boxed kits, Viper, Beetle, New Beetle). I think I have a "Car Craft Magazine" pair from somewhere, too, maybe a '69 Camaro and a Firebird

·
Premium Member
13,227 Posts
carnut2256 said:
I don't have many diecast cars in this scale, but it's nice that we now have one for those who collect this scale.

I have a few 1/43 HW Ferrari's, and a 1/43 HW '71 GTX. A few Maisto releases as well (the boxed kits, Viper, Beetle, New Beetle). I think I have a "Car Craft Magazine" pair from somewhere, too, maybe a '69 Camaro and a Firebird
Well let's see some pics of them Rich!

You forgot that nice looking Mobil Oil truck that you have!

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Man, this is great! 1:43 is my favorite scale! I have far more 1:64 scale stuff, but I do have a fair amount of 1:43 that I can post pictures of. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,227 Posts
zeb41 said:
Man, this is great! 1:43 is my favorite scale! I have far more 1:64 scale stuff, but I do have a fair amount of 1:43 that I can post pictures of. :thumbsup:
The 1/43 scale as I remember was refered to as "International Scale" because it was collected worldwide.

Since JL (RC2) and Greenlight (the new maker on the block) started making realistic 1/64 cars at an affordable price, the interest incollecting 1/43 scale cars has not been as popular. The thing that I like best about Brooklins is that all their models are Amercan made cars, and everthing is diecast (bumpers, hood ornaments, hubcaps, etc.). Most important......they are made in England, and quality standards are high.

Please post pics of your 1/43 scale cars ZEB, no matter what brand they are.

Take Care, and Have a Great day!............STUTZ

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
In Europe, 1:43 scale is far more popular than 1:64. Some models are incredibly detailed for this scale, but the prices are high too.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Man...I was pretty STOKED about the thread on 1:18 scale diecast, but a 1:43 scale forum is AWSUME too!

Most of my 1:43 are '32 higboys and coupes from various makers, so if anyones interested, I'll try and post some of them too.

I always thought I was the only one that liked 1:43 scale...BOY was I wrong!:p

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
StreetFreak said:
Most of my 1:43 are '32 higboys and coupes from various makers, so if anyones interested, I'll try and post some of them too.

'32 Fords? Very interested! I'll get some pics of mine together too. It will take me a couple of days though 'cause my Pop's in the Hospital right now and I need to visit him.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
zeb41 said:
'32 Fords? Very interested! I'll get some pics of mine together too. It will take me a couple of days though 'cause my Pop's in the Hospital right now and I need to visit him.
Sounds good!
It will take me a while too, because I am away on business!:p

Hope your Pop gets better!

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Lpgeoteacher said:
I hope you Pops gets better soon Zeb. Hey anybody notice that there are no moderaters here? Dose this mean I can say bad words?
He'll be all right Chris - just a little heart surgery. He's doing real well though. I'm on my way to see him right now. Thanks you guys.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have got to get a digital camera. I like the 1/43 scale, and have several of the Matchbox Collectible line in that scale. They are a great marriage of affordibility and detail.

Mike

·
Premium Member
13,227 Posts
Well this is GREAT! Finally some interest is shown on this forum!

Please post pics of your 1/43 scale diecast cars guys. I doesn't matter what brand they are. I feel I can learn by looking at members pics and notes about their cars.

Best Wishes to your dad ZEB.

Superbird77, as I remember 1/43 scale was refered to as the "International Scale".

StreetFreak, I'd love to see pics of your '32 Fords!

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is wonderful...finally, a proper 43 forum!

I have over a hundred models in this scale displayed on shelves in my basement...including several Brooklins purchased anywhere from 15 to 20 years ago. I guess my favorite among that lot would be the 1941 Packard Clipper in maroon...

In my opinion, the finest 43s on the planet are Minichamps. I'm waiting for them to do a proper, regular wheelbased W108 Benz, like the one our family had in my childhood.

·
Premium Member
13,227 Posts
Nagaro Blue said:
This is wonderful...finally, a proper 43 forum!

I have over a hundred models in this scale displayed on shelves in my basement...including several Brooklins purchased anywhere from 15 to 20 years ago. I guess my favorite among that lot would be the 1941 Packard Clipper in maroon...

In my opinion, the finest 43s on the planet are Minichamps. I'm waiting for them to do a proper, regular wheelbased W108 Benz, like the one our family had in my childhood.
I'd love to see some of your 1/43 scale cars Nagaro Blue.

Do you have any Durham Classics (Canadian made) in your collection?
I only have 5 or 6 Durhams in my collection. I'd love to see you post pics of some Durhams if you have any.

Here's a pic of a 1941 Packard Clipper made by Brooklin with some garage accessories added.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts