Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few days ago I'm in a target and when I'm heading to the back to check the pegs I see an older gentleman that u could just tell had already beat me to it. I guess he had figured I was a collector also because he came back to talk to me. So we get talking and he asks if I had an extra super bug that I would get rid of. I did and initially the trade was my bug for 2 silhouette redlines Of his. So I show up to his house the next day with the bug and decided to throw in a DW1 because he didn't have it either and he ended up giving me all of this..

The redlines are in my redline case. Idk if it's because I really like the super bug or what but would you guys have done this trade also?? But all in all this collector is a great guy and were meeting up tomorrow to go through his 25 year collection !!! Pretty stoked :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend everyone

Blane

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I'm very happy with the trade. Was just wondering what wveryones opinion was. And that's what he told me is that he wants to start getting rid of it all because he's worried when he does his wife will just throw it all out Lol so I told him I will be more than happy to take over :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To answer your question, I would have made the trade too. Not only did you get a lot of great cars in exchange for one Super Hunt Beetle, but it sounds like you made a great connection.
He is an awesome person. I'm actually meeting up with him tomorrow to go through his 25 year collection with him. He called me this morning to tell me he's already got a case of cars for me :thumbsup: this is why I enjoy the hobby. Meeting amazing people with big hearts. And the best part is all the stories about hunting back in the mid 90's when people were nuts about hot wheels

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes, I would do the same. You never knew how you made the old man very happy. Sometimes its not only about the love of hobby, its the friendship that comes along with it.

Congrats on the very nice trade buddy! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts