Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference between the Tm and BSR world gt tires? Same duro reading, purple strip, just different wheels. I know everybody says BSR tires per their rules, is it only because they were the only tires available when the rules were written?

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Is there any difference between the Tm and BSR world gt tires? Same duro reading, purple strip, just different wheels. I know everybody says BSR tires per their rules, is it only because they were the only tires available when the rules were written?
At our local tracks we only run the BSR tires just so the LHS don't have to carry both brands. A few years ago during the yellow stripe tires people thought one brand was better than the other so the LHS loaded up on that brand and ended up stuck with them when everyone went back to the other brand. So it"s just to keep our LHS from having to carry more than one brand.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
Matter of preference rims/offset is the major difference I run TM and have had great luck with them and if you don't have a truer they are ready to go out of bag

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have heard persons say one brand is faster than the other, I prefer T.M. I have tried a set of BSR's for grins. My truck ran the same lap times on both brands of World GT Tires, so I guess it's preference in this situation.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I have heard persons say one brand is faster than the other, I prefer T.M. I have tried a set of BSR's for grins. My truck ran the same lap times on both brands of World GT Tires, so I guess it's preference in this situation.
For us we liked the BSR rims better than the TM's.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Althought your talking WGT Spec tires- there is a new tire out there GQ. They are marked with a purple dot and a "L". Looks good and they come 2.42" out of the package.Trying them out next week.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts