Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont believe all you see on Youtube. A lot of Youtube racers are doctoring their wheels. I wanna see a car come out of a pack before I can say its fast. The cars come out of the pack. Switch camera angles. Race.... So what happened in the time they adjusted cameras?
A few will even do it on camera and get all excited when a car runs better. But for me it takes away from the racing. You doctor a car to make it better then run it against the car that just beat it. Ill take the car that beat yours straight up.

·
Super Moderator
24,588 Posts
Good observations and viewpoint to have. (y)

And once you reach a certain age and bigger number of cars - it gets harder to remember which ones you have already doctored and which ones you were saving for stock racing.

:unsure:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my thing is how will they know whats really fast if they are doctoring cars. youre in truth getting false results. everyone speaks highly of the frontrunnin fairmont. out of the box its nothing special. doctor it and its top ten in your stash. ive seen the matchbox 56 ford pickup crush some cars. then the losers got doctored and next week doctor love was in the goodie box and the 56 ford was nowhere to be seen.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After seeing how many actually dry lube on youtube and that includes tournaments, I may have to loosen my stance a little on it. I may try 3 in One Dry lube on the loose cars i bought. I know that 2003 Buick Wildcat has got to have some rust. I just need to find someone to fix the axles on the Way 2 Fast that came with it. The axles are wishbone shaped.

That doesn't mean my entire outfit is getting worked.

·
Super Moderator
24,588 Posts
Brightvision sells a tire alignment tool that is similiar to the one Hot Wheels produced back in the '70s.

If you are DIY person you can make one from a small flat head screw driver or small bar piece of metal. 🤙

1 - 6 of 6 Posts