Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was mentioned a while back that sometime in February, plans for an event of their own (read: NOT "LightningFest") would be unveiled by RC2.

Today is Feb. 22, and one short week remains of February. Any news, fella's? People need to start making plans (ie: vacations, travel, reservations) and other events need to be scheduled around it as well (ie: Mark Hosaflook's AutoFest, and Johnny Jam, to name just two) so it is hoped that news is forthcoming in the near future. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
nothing against anyone here. but i think it's time to let it go.
no sence harping on a dead horse. she died now burie her....rip jl

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Ya, As a long time JL collector, Its very sad to see what RC2 has been doing to JL brand since the buy out.

The best thing about LFest is the people and that will never go away, so Im looking fwd to the events that will replace the old Lfest!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, this thread was supposed to be a "reminder" to RC2 that many people are waiting to hear what they're planning, not simply to bash them.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath for a February announcement. Hopefully they will put something on that is appealing to the real customers -us- and will have some semblance of reaching out to the fan base. Right now it seems like the real events will be JJII and Autofest.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Well if they are planning something they better get the word out soon. Each day that goes by with no news means people will be less likely to attend because it's too short notice no matter how good it looks. :confused:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I said this a long time ago, back when it was announced that RC2 had bought Johnny Lightning. RC2 only cares about profits and its shareholders.

I wish I was wrong back then, but I have been right all along. The only thing I was wrong about, was the fact that I predicted that RC2 would improve on distribution, boy did I miss that one by a long shot!

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
MudSlinger said:
Maybe they are planning something, bust just for Canadians! :p

J/K, sorry, I just had to do it, lol.
Yeah, the whole Fest is going to Canada and it's only going to cost $1..... :wave: :tongue:

·
Registered
90 Posts
moparmarc said:
Ya, As a long time JL collector, Its very sad to see what RC2 has been doing to JL brand since the buy out.
hoosier-lightning said:
I said this a long time ago, back when it was announced that RC2 had bought Johnny Lightning. RC2 only cares about profits and its shareholders.

I wish I was wrong back then, but I have been right all along. The only thing I was wrong about, was the fact that I predicted that RC2 would improve on distribution, boy did I miss that one by a long shot!
I WISHED PLAYING MANTIS HADN'T SOLD OUT TO RC2, BECAUSE THEY WERE THE BEST. "ALL OF THE ABOVE, IS PROOF IN THE PUDDING; RC2 DON'T AND HASN'T CARED AT ALL ABOUT THE COLLECTOR OR DIECAST CARS. IT SEEMS THEY BOUGHT OUT PLAYING MANTIS, TO GET RID OF THE COMPETION ONLY." I USED TO BUY 80-90 CARS EVERY 3X MONTHS. WHAT HAS HAPPENED IS, I'VE ONLY BEEN ABLE TO PURCHASE APPROX 8X CARS WITHIN THE PAST 9 MONTHS. THE FOLLOWING IS THE REASONS FOR MY FORCED ABILITY TO COLLECT JL'S, AND THE POSSIBLE DOWNFALL OF JL: SEVERE PRICE GOUGING AT NUMEROUS STORE CHAINS AND SECONDARY MARKETS ($5 BUCKS PLUS), SEVERE LIMITED DISTRIBUTION, REDUCED SELECTION OF CASTINGS, RETIRING THEIR HOTTEST CASTINGS, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ASSISTANCE, DISSOLVING THE COLLECTORS CLUB, SCALPERS HORDING JL'S (POSSIBLY IN THE PROSPECT OF THE DOWNFALL OR DISCONTINUANCE TO PRODUCE JL'S), CORRUPT STORE EMPLOYEES, AND LACK OF FESTS OR CONVENTIONS. IT'S A SHAME RC2 ALSO GOT RID OF THEIR OWN LINE OF DIECAST CARS. THEY HAD SOME REALLY FANTASTIC SERIES, TO BE COLLECTED. ALL IN ALL, I HOPE RC2 START ADDRESSING ALL OF THE ABOVE ISSUES, TO RESOLVE CONTINUED PRODUCTION OF JL'S, AND HAVE NUMEROUS FESTS/CONS NATIONWIDE.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I have to say that I have not had any problems finding JL's in the Stores. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon's to support such a huge company, just stating a fact I've witnessed.
Sorry guys, but they're doing a good job.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As I said before, I didn't start this thread to trash RC2. Just reminding them that people are waiting to hear news of this "non-Fest" event. Fella's, can you give any update on this?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts