Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short but nice footage of the lit TOS Enterprise from Youtube member ParanormalSupply

Doesn't look like they have the nacelle motors yet but otherwise...WOW!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Doesn't look like they have the nacelle motors yet but otherwise...WOW!
The motors were installed and working, but they didn't have them on all the time. This was apparently filmed during one of the "down times". A shame as the spinning blades effect was spectacular.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
As mentioned elsewhere, the blinking LEDs will be random instead of all-off/all-on. That will really help sell the effect. Of course, looks different in person than on video. The blades are more distinct in person.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can't wait!

Looks amazing. Love the shuttle bay and bridge. But yeah, they definitely need to frost the inner domes of the engines...the lights should not be seen as points of light...and they need the random blinking effect...but it's certainly doable. GLad I signed up for 2!

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
The domes are frosted. Maybe they could be diffused even more, but the effect is pretty accurate IMHO. Keep in mind the number of passes the original footage went through the optical printer introducing more and more blur. Of course, if that's the look that's desired, you could always add more diffusion coating inside the domes.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
That thing was the celebrity of the show. :p Well that and Joanna Cassidy.

And rightly so. I never heard who won the test shot giveaway. I just know it wasn't me.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
I think the bussard effect would be helped if there were a couple of LEDs always on to compliment the flashers. Hard to say much though just based on a video.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I think the bussard effect would be helped if there were a couple of LEDs always on to compliment the flashers. Hard to say much though just based on a video.
I believe that is the intent. Either Gary or Jamie (I can't remember which) said something to that effect to me.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,237 Posts
Wait, they were giving away test shots with Joanna Cassidy?!

·
Registered
848 Posts
I believe that is the intent. Either Gary or Jamie (I can't remember which) said something to that effect to me.
The intent is to have 5 amber lights (shaped like Xmas bulbs) always on, plus 5 multi-colored flashers, inside each dome. Jamie said they've got to get the correct circuit boards for the production kits.

Gary

1 - 20 of 62 Posts