Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As everyone is probably aware, WonderFest, one of the greatest model hobby
shows in the world, is right around the corner. What you may not know
is that WonderFest couldn't be the awesome experience that it is without
the efforts of volunteers.

This year I'm coordinating the Make It and Take It Workshop and I
need to enlist the help of HobbyTalk members.

For any first-timers who might be new to this part of WonderFest, the M&T
workshop is designed to promote the growth of the modeling hobby. In
order to achieve this goal, you, as a volunteer, will work with beginning
artists in a workshop provided with kits and supplies. Each novice modeler
with a valid WonderFest badge will receive a free kit and your guidance in
putting it together. Every year we help over 100 kids build their modeling
skills!!!

The M&T workshop will run from 11-5pm on Saturday, May 26th and
11-4pm on Sunday, May 27th. A typical shift is 1-2 hours, and we need
5-6 attendants per shift. Volunteers can work as many hours as they
would like and you are welcome to spread your volunteer time over the
weekend; you don't have to do one big chunk of time. Anybody who can
volunteer for 4 hours is eligible for a FREE weekend pass.

The Make It and Take It workshop has been made possible by Hobby Link
Japan for the 2nd year running, by their generous donations of models.

Please PM me, or feel free to email me at [email protected],
to volunteer. If you have a specific time slot you would like or a friend you
would like to work with, please mention that in your email.

I look forward to your emails and any questions you may have.

Dave Pruett
WonderFest Make It and Take It Coordinator
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Email sent, Mr. Pruett!

C'mon, folks! Help out our Hobby by volunteering some time at the Make It & Take It table. Seems like there are always people lamenting the fact that "our hobby is dying" 'cause of a lack of infusion of new blood. This is your chance to make a positive, lasting impression on a child or young adult that might well bring them in to The Hobby.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeffrey,

I'll be replying to your email soon, but in the mean time I just wanted to thank you for
your post! I usually hang out at the Clubhouse forum and I see that refrain often about
how the hobby is dying- so when I posted there I expected a flurry of responses. So far,
not even one- very disappointing...

Anyway, thanks again and I'll email you later this week.

Dave

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
You got two volunteers! The wife & I will be there to help out, just like the last few times we've gone. :)

E-mail on it's way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

This may seem like a dumb question, but I'm trying to round up all the Make It & Take It volunteers so I can see where things are. Since your screen name doesn't likely match your email address, etc. I was just needing to know what your name is so I can make sure I only have you on the list once.

Thanks!
Dave

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
And once again I'd like to encourage any and all WonderFest attendee's to volunteer for the Make It & Take It table. Even one hour all weekend long would help Dave keep things flowing smoothly. It'll also be a great way to help keep The Hobby alive by sparking interest in a young boy or girl.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Griffworks said:
And once again I'd like to encourage any and all WonderFest attendee's to volunteer for the Make It & Take It table. Even one hour all weekend long would help Dave keep things flowing smoothly. It'll also be a great way to help keep The Hobby alive by sparking interest in a young boy or girl.

I've worked about three Make and Take's at Shore Leave in Maryland. I would be happy to volunteer an hour on Saturday. I am not certain what time, though. I have models to enter into the contest and I want to hit the dealer room in the morning and get the loss of my life's savings out of the way first.

Sometime in the early afternoon on Saturday, I am sure that I'll be available. Will there be one on Sunday, too? Maybe I can do Sunday morning.

Here is my email: [email protected]

Hey Griff-- Nice quote at the end of your posts. While I'm a hardcore SG-1 fan (Richard Dean Anderson has been one of my heroes since MacGyver) I don't often watch Atlantis unless there is a crossover and the premiere of both shows was excellent.

Some day I hope that RDA decides to come on out to the convention scene.

Phil

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Kanaan said:
I've worked about three Make and Take's at Shore Leave in Maryland. I would be happy to volunteer an hour on Saturday. I am not certain what time, though. I have models to enter into the contest and I want to hit the dealer room in the morning and get the loss of my life's savings out of the way first.

Sometime in the early afternoon on Saturday, I am sure that I'll be available. Will there be one on Sunday, too? Maybe I can do Sunday morning.

Here is my email: [email protected]
Actually, you're supposed to contact Dave. He's got a LOT of modeling forums to cover and it makes it a ton easier if you use his email address given above. Not that I'm sure he doesn't appreciate the time, it's just a lot easier on him as he's not a regular poster here.

Hey Griff-- Nice quote at the end of your posts. While I'm a hardcore SG-1 fan (Richard Dean Anderson has been one of my heroes since MacGyver) I don't often watch Atlantis unless there is a crossover and the premiere of both shows was excellent.

Some day I hope that RDA decides to come on out to the convention scene.
Yeah, I watched both showing Friday night. LOVED it! I'm a big fan of both shows, but the last two seasons of SG-1 just haven't really grabbed me. Atlantis, however, has me firmly in it's grip. It's what SG-1 was the first five or six seasons, IMNSHO.

And this may be Stargate blasphemy, but I like Shephard better than O'Neill. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Griffworks said:
Actually, you're supposed to contact Dave. He's got a LOT of modeling forums to cover and it makes it a ton easier if you use his email address given above.

And this may be Stargate blasphemy, but I like Shephard better than O'Neill. :)

Email sent to Dave today. Sorry, I was in the middle of working on the last chapter of the novel that I hope to be publishing this summer so I didn't read Dave's instructions completely while my eyes were glazed over from writing 1300 words in one evening.

Shepard better than O'Neill? Well, there's no accounting for taste. :tongue:

Phil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts