Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No wrong answer on this. Just curious. Aurora made the seam run along Wonder Woman's face that it needs to be smoothly puttied and sanded to avoid a scar look. The Moebius test shot face looked very very smooth. Was the face seam moved so it would look natural?

If it was moved, I applaud it as that face seam could look distracting if not properly smoothed and sanded. But if it is still there, no problem either as it was already designed that way.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I paid $10 for my sealed Aurora Wonder Woman. I was at a eighties model con and a guy had bought one. He had WW in a paper bag atop other kits. I asked him about it and he got embarrassed and offered to sell it to me for $10. It was really good timing.

My open second WW and Batmobile I got in a trade for my sealed Iwo Jima kit.

With the Moebius Wonder Woman, I can build it as many times as I like while saving the originals.

I think WW fans would buy it knowing they save at least $200 to $1000 over a sealed original.

If this sells well, I'd like to see a Comic Scenes variant. Aurora never made one for some reason.

Maybe a Glow Wonder Woman because of the lasso and lightening bolts...
Frightening Lightning Wonder Woman?

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I'll definitely be buying the Moebius WW, but I'll still be wanting to build an original!

Chris.:)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I can't wait for the Wonder Woman kit. I hope it's details are as good as the original Aurora. It is the last of the super hero kits in my collection. It would be nice to see a comic scenes version as well, just for the different art work.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
A Comic Scenes version would round out the set, wouldn't it?
Speaking of a "glow" WW got me thinking...I know pieces were altered or removed, but was there ever an instance of additional pieces being added to a Comic Scenes release?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
A Comic Scenes version would round out the set, wouldn't it?
Speaking of a "glow" WW got me thinking...I know pieces were altered or removed, but was there ever an instance of additional pieces being added to a Comic Scenes release?
I don't recall any new plastic pieces added to any Comic Scenes. The emblem decals were new to replace the engraved Bat and S emblems.

They removed the nameplates, which I think was a mistake.

Yes, I agree a Comic Scenes Wonder Woman would round out the set. Same large box dimensions with thin cardboard. Maybe a comic book added. Maybe an Eagle decal added without removing the engraved one? Still keep the nameplate. Moebius would get more use out of the mold as everyone would want to buy a Scenes one. I'd pay more for this.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Speaking as a model builder, not necessarily a collector, I would not pay more for a "Comic Scenes" WW kit. I've wanted a kit of the Amazon Princess for a long time, but family finances must dictate what I can spend. If Moebius wanted to create a special "Comic Scenes" version of the kit to be offered alonside the standard kit, or thru Club Moebius, that would be fine with me, but when I place my wanting a WW kit on the scale against what I can afford to pay, I would have to say no to the kit if it were more expensive than what's already been announced.

Larry

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the Moebius pricepoint limits it to just the Comic Scenes box and kit with no comic book and no eagle emblem sticker, I'll still buy it.

If it does include the comic and sticker, then I'd have to buy two. One to keep sealed and one to open and read the comic.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
If the Moebius pricepoint limits it to just the Comic Scenes box and kit with no comic book and no eagle emblem sticker, I'll still buy it.

If it does include the comic and sticker, then I'd have to buy two. One to keep sealed and one to open and read the comic.
Seems to be a moot point, I don't think Moebius has ANY plans to release it other than the standard box form like all the kits. They are not in the business to please us on an individual basis, kit by kit, but rather what will appeal, price wise, overall. I think this would fall under the new "Wish List" topic.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
It's a possibility, but one that is truly more up in the air than you can imagine. Art approvals can be finicky, and this may not be something that can be done.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
If I understand correctly,Moebius will release the W.W. and Superboy kits,as well as the Confederate Raider in there original Aurora rectangular art style boxes of the 60's.If so,who could ask for more.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There must be buyers for the box variant because Tom Lowe is making three box versions for the Aurora Batmobile repop (from the original Aurora mold!). I'm buying one of each Batmobile so there is something there. Hmmm it just occured to me a fourth variant..."Comic Scenes Batmobile."

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
There must be buyers for the box variant because Tom Lowe is making three box versions for the Aurora Batmobile repop (from the original Aurora mold!). I'm buying one of each Batmobile so there is something there. Hmmm it just occured to me a fourth variant..."Comic Scenes Batmobile."
Considering that the Barris Batmobile was never really in the comics - that's sort of a weird concept.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Doesn't matter to me what box it comes in, I display the finished model, not the box. I buy to build, not as an investment. WW is one I have never built, looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
...other than the standard box form like all the kits.
I too was assuming the Moebius WW box will be the same size as the Aurora longbox but that might not be the case. It might be a new larger box?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is David Fisher painting the Wonder Woman for the color instructions?
He's very talented. Really I think he is the best figure kit painter in the USA.

Frank, I've always liked how the Superboy box had a photo of the kit in a circle.
What if you did that for your Wonder Woman kit box cover?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts