Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're getting some great reissues like Spock and The Witch (plus vehicles including a new Batmobile in 1/25) but I wonder if R2/ Polar Lights will give us any new figure and monster toolings. There was the rumour of a new Kong kit but that seems to have disappeared.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Always a possibility.But most likely either Moebius or Monarch models will surprise us with more models of figures.:confused:

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope they all do but PL's the only one at the moment with no new figure/monster kits. I still reckon they ought to do that cool 98 Godzilla kit....but that's just wishful thinking on my part I suppose.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Revell owns the Aurora Batman and Superman tooling. Round 2 removed the Aurora logo from the original Batmobile tooling for the forthcoming reissue.

I don't see why the pirates CAN'T be reissued. Revell reissued their Disney Peter Pan Pirate Ship without any reference to Peter Pan or Disney. Likewise, Glencoe reissued the Disney Rocket to the Moon Moonliner, again with no Disney reference. The MPC Pirate kits really have nothing to do with the Disney attraction or movies, either.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Anyone remember the AMT Bigfoot (Sasquatch) Glow kit? He came out in the mid 70s. Was fairly large (maybe 1/8 or 1/9) and molded in brown plastic. There were a few glow detail parts like the bone he held in his hand. He wasn't a great kit and reminded me more of a hermit or cave man than a giant ape... But I don't think the kit ran for more than a year.

·
Curmudgeon
6,600 Posts
Anyone remember the AMT Bigfoot (Sasquatch) Glow kit? He came out in the mid 70s. Was fairly large (maybe 1/8 or 1/9) and molded in brown plastic. There were a few glow detail parts like the bone he held in his hand. He wasn't a great kit and reminded me more of a hermit or cave man than a giant ape... But I don't think the kit ran for more than a year.
I still have one around here somewhere; slapped it together many years ago with a minimal amount of glue and paint. Unfortunately I tried to modify it after seeing Harry and the Hendersons to make it look more like Harry but, IIRC, I only got as far as removing the top of the head before I abandoned the project. :rolleyes: Maybe one of these days I'll try to restore it to it's former "glory".

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Who knows! In this economy what will happen! It would be nice if P/L would reissue thier large Godzilla when they turn up on Ebay they fetch fairly high prices! I have one and its a great kit! One of P/Ls best in my opinion.

There are so many subjects that I would like either Polar lights or Moebius to tackle:
Christopher Lee Dracula
Heck...a whole line of Hammer Horrors!
Kolchek the Night Stalker
Vegas Vampire from same
Original series Barnabas Collins
Quinten Collins
Dark Shadows Werewolf (larger than the MPC one)
Abbott and Costello
The She Creature
It: The Terror from beyond Space
The Thing
The Creature from the Black Lagoon (Better than the already good Aurora one)
Morlock from the Time Machine
Metluna Mutant
Planet of the Apes kits (better than Addar/Polar Lights)
Star Trek Figures
Lost in Space figures
Voyage to the bottom of the Sea figures...

The list could go on and on!

Of the items that I have listed most will never see the light of day in plastic! Oh well..a few ?? :cool:

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Yeah.
A reissue of the PL-zilla would be great.
But I am sure a lot of that would be up to Toho and if they want to license it.
And at what cost.

·
Registered
193 Posts
According to a comment from Round 2's blog regarding the amt Mr. Spock re-release.

"We hope to do other figural kits in the spirit of this one. Nothing is firmly in our plan right now but what do you guys say? Kirk vs the Gorn or Bones vs. err… something weird… We’ve got time to think about that one." :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts