Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You always hear 1/4 scale is the best kept secret in racing, but it's not an exclusive group. As you can see by the list of women below, there are women willing to join the racing ranks. So, why not in 1/4 scale? Should we as a group of racers reach out to the ladies?

I noticed a couple of ladies names on MPR results page. Has MPR started to reach out?

• Indy Cars: Milks Duno, Sarah Fisher, Danica Patrick
• Indy Lights: Cyndie Allemann, Ana Beatriz, Pippa Mann
• NASCAR: Erin Crocker, Chrissy Wallace (soon to be Danica Patrick)
• NHRA: Erica Enders, Ashley Force Hood, Peggy Llewellyn, Angela Sampey, Karen Stoffer, Melanie Troxel, Hillary Will, Brittany Force, Courtney Force

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
89 views, no replies. I guess this means women are not welcome in 1/4 scale?

·
Registered
86 Posts
we had a female driver shannon Flores , she won the novice class in 07 , with 12 drivers in the class .
she raced 06 and 07

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Women, Kids, or whoever I don't care. If they want to race and join the club thier welcome. I have tried to get my wife involved, not a chance. IMO, I think it is more that most women think "Oh god, those boys and thier toys" and they have no intrest in that. I got my wife to run a 1/10th scale sprint car and I told her, kill it and I'll fix it no problem. Have fun, do what you want. Just was not to be...

In most racing there are not that many women, just a fact of life not that we want it that way.

·
Registered
415 Posts
You always hear 1/4 scale is the best kept secret in racing, but it's not an exclusive group. As you can see by the list of women below, there are women willing to join the racing ranks. So, why not in 1/4 scale? Should we as a group of racers reach out to the ladies?

I noticed a couple of ladies names on MPR results page. Has MPR started to reach out?

• Indy Cars: Milks Duno, Sarah Fisher, Danica Patrick
• Indy Lights: Cyndie Allemann, Ana Beatriz, Pippa Mann
• NASCAR: Erin Crocker, Chrissy Wallace (soon to be Danica Patrick)
• NHRA: Erica Enders, Ashley Force Hood, Peggy Llewellyn, Angela Sampey, Karen Stoffer, Melanie Troxel, Hillary Will, Brittany Force, Courtney Force
You would be correct Tim, Mpr does in fact have 2 female racers. Shannon Murphy and Peggy Mosely. Whiile they do not race every saturday, they will go out and run on non points weekends. But if the field is small you can usually talk them into going out and running with us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts