Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, Jaime updated Round 2's blog with an excellent piece on the development of their upcoming Wolverine kit. Check it out here.

I love that Round 2 has got several new kits in development, and this one looks like a home run to me. I also think it's cool that they have both the Marvel and DC Comics licenses. Based on a reply from Jaime to a question posted in the above blog entry, it sounds like Superman will be their first DC kit.

This is exciting news for anybody that likes superheroes and styrene.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Hm. Not thrilled that part of the costume markings are decals. Means you have to match the paint color you use to the decal color. And I wanted to do one kit in yellow/blue, and another in his earth-tones. I'm a fan of color-delineating scribing on superhero kits.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear ya', John. I was also a little surprised by that one. On the other hand, the parts of the costume that will be done in decals are very simple diamond shapes. I would imagine that you could easily make some painting masks with frisket film. Heck, all you gotta do is trace the shapes directly from the decal sheet and boom, paint masks! Based on the skills you've demonstrated repeatedly on this message board, you aught to be able to handle that in your sleep, blind folded, with one arm tied behind your back. :thumbsup:

Personally, I plan to avoid the whole issue by doing the brown version of the suit. I have always preferred it over the yellow version.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Personally, I plan to avoid the whole issue by doing the brown version of the suit. I have always preferred it over the yellow version.
Me too.
Stealthy ninja assassin in a bright yellow and blue striped suit, eh? :lol:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Hm. Not thrilled that part of the costume markings are decals. Means you have to match the paint color you use to the decal color. And I wanted to do one kit in yellow/blue, and another in his earth-tones. I'm a fan of color-delineating scribing on superhero kits.

Me neither. It's much easier when all the markings are engraved on these superhero kits. Saves messing about with decals and trying to match everything up etc.

Dynamic sculpt though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts