Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, looks great. :thumbsup:

The only issue I see is that the MASKED version's face/mouth should be more feral, like the UNMASKED version. It would work better with an open mouth, showing teeth, since he's standing on a Sentinel he's just fought. The smile is not as dynamic IMO.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,296 Posts
I think I'll build two: masked, in the yellow/blue costume; unmasked in the earthtone costume.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Very cool! :cool: Yeah it does have a Byrne look to it. I saw the physical prototype at Wonderfest and it has less of a smiling look to the masked face.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Looks like Round 2 is using Zbrush for prototyping. I'm sure it's much easier to change details if necessary. Sculpt looks great!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Question
If everyone knows who Wolverine is, why does he wear a mask?

Jeff
Not sure.

Initially it was to keep his ID hidden, but now he no longer has a secret ID.

Also, MARVEL has done away with most secret IDs.

Here's a list of Super folks now known by everyone:

- Iron Man / Tony Stark
- Cap America / Steve Rogers
- HULK / Bruce Banner
- Daredevil / Matt Murdock
- Green Goblin / Norman Osborn
- Iron Fist / Danny Rand
- Hawkeye / Clint Barton
- Antman / Giantman / Yellowjacket / Hank Pym
- Black Widow / Natasha Rominov
- Cyclops / Scott Summers
- Beast / Hank McCoy
- Angel / Warren Worthington
- Prof X / Charles Xavier
- Magneto / Erik Lensherr

Many more I'm sure... why some still wear mask, or head-gear, is varied reasoning. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah, looks great. :thumbsup:

The only issue I see is that the MASKED version's face/mouth should be more feral, like the UNMASKED version. It would work better with an open mouth, showing teeth, since he's standing on a Sentinel he's just fought. The smile is not as dynamic IMO.
I dunno. I like the smile. It's very subtle, but it confidently says, "Who's next?" Very much in keeping w/his portrayal in the Byrne era comics.

But I only see it in the Zbrush rendering, not in the prototype, so who knows what they'll do? I guess if people want the berserk Wolverine, they could go with the unmasked version.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts