Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Horizon vinyl Wolfman with scratch base WIP. Will post finished pix soon.

He's stepping into a scummy pond. It will, of course, have the obligatory tree.
Dabbler

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
You're off to a great start Dabbler! What materials are you using for the base?

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's basically a chunk of 3/4" plywood I had laying around the shop, ( my true love has always been woodworking ) and some Woodland Scenics RR scenery and mold-cast rocks. The pond is painted various blues & greens with a gloss coat between each coat for depth. The "waves" are lines of silicone-vinyl caulk
'feathered back' with a brush. The tree will be a knurled cutting from my dwarf apple tree that never gave me one stinkin' apple !

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Cool! One of the kids in class just today asked how to do realistic water for his Kong dio...told him he just hit on one of the toughest things there is to do in scale. Your approach will work!

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Duck Fink said:
Maybe he is picking his date? :D
As I said, he's a work in progress. I haven't put his plaid sport coat and ascot on him yet. Not to mention trying to jam shoes on those feet. :tongue:

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
A real beauty,Dabbler! The Wolfman is my second favorite , behind the Creature, of the Universal monsters. Your base is real great looking. Ever since you snuck in the back door, and they let you stay, you have been tops in my list, as one of the best.

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
the Dabbler said:
As I said, he's a work in progress. I haven't put his plaid sport coat and ascot on him yet. Not to mention trying to jam shoes on those feet. :tongue:
You made me look at his feet! You have to give us a close up of that foot that is sunk in the mud sometime. That is lookin REAL nice there. Looks like you even have a couple of water ripples where his foot is?! Looks like the real thing.

Ever see the movie "Jekyll and Hyde - together again"? The current cleanliness state of this wolfman reminds me of that movie. It makes me want to bash a wolfman kit and turn him into the stylish partying furry creature of that movie. Dunno if I would still find the movie as humorous as I did in the eighties but I have to find that movie and watch it again. I wonder if anyone did a resin kit of that figure from that movie?

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks Lloyd I appreciate the comments, you're making me blush.....No, wait, that's just my danged blood pressure again ! :(

Duck, that's a clever idea. I haven't seen that movie, but this sculpt does look more "human" than some. In fact it does remind me of a guy I used to know.
You could make him look like a real "Lounge Lizard"....er, ... Wolf that is.

Oh, and the footprint: I gouged out with Dremel and built the "mud" around it with the same caulk. That's where I put the wall anchor in his heel to mount him in a hole in the "footprint".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts